Worth progressively taking the more powerful chanter summons?

Hi there,

So i'm using Kana and, as you well know, he starts off with the skeleton summon.

Due to his fairly high intelligence which grants duration and aoe boost and the fact that chanters can only use one summon spell at a time, is it worth investing progressively in summons as we level him up?

I'm sure a willo wisp is more durable than skeletons but I feel that by taking the willowisp it will soon become obselete/less useful as I further level up and I unlock a more powerful creature/creatures.

How are others using him? Wouldn't it be better to stick to his invocations that paralyze etc due to the aoe and duration boost from his int?

Thanks

Summons are iffy. You can only have one per party and there's items that give summons.

There's a nice level 4/5(?) chant that summons a Drake, but I think it's really more of a harder game mode/longer fights type of play.

Wrong. You can have 1 summon per character, thus 6 per party. 

Skeleton's are weak, but the phantom is ridiculous op with high health/defenses + sneak attack + STUN!

Chanter's are broken good right now. 

Edited by Bazy

Summons are iffy. You can only have one per party and there's items that give summons.

There's a nice level 4/5(?) chant that summons a Drake, but I think it's really more of a harder game mode/longer fights type of play.

Wrong. You can have 1 summon per character, thus 6 per party. 

Skeleton's are weak, but the phantom is ridiculous op with high health/defenses + sneak attack + STUN!

Chanter's are broken good right now. 

Oh? perhaps the two summons just timed out at the same time, giving my the impression. My bad.

question of difficuly you play, below PotD summons are fine.

In PotD:

Phantom is fine until level 4, you can use it for flanking (-10 defelection on target) and stun interrupt the enemy

At level 6, wisp or draklings, in PotD draklings are better, they have range attack yand you can summon them as rage low DPS behind your tank line. Wisp charm is in PotD simply to short and has high resist chance.

Level 10: Dragon or Oger...they give both 230-260 endurance, by low defence stats. both have to hit there target in melee. if you have a strong frontline, stay with drakling as arterlery, and take other spells at this level...you can only pick 2 level 3 spells...be picky.

I certainly don't regret picking up the Level 2 wurm summon.  The enemies that are left alive by the time I get to four phrases are usually the ones with good DR, and the wurms' fire attacks generally do a good job of burning them down quickly.