Dammit Raedric's Keep.

Doomsbane

Question

Looks like I am having the same load screen issue as everyone else but a little different. I went down to the dungeon and saved Giacco but when I try and go back up to Nedmars floor I get the load screen then black screen and crash. I have tried both entrance and same result. Please help I am stuck.

9 answers to this question

Hey, Doomsbane, sorry to hear you ran into this issue.

While we've found that the problem can occur in systems that are running Rivatuner Statistics Server, we've also found a related issue that could result in the same crash during transitions in this area. The fix is included for the upcoming patch, but just in case you may want to take a look to see if you're running that Rivatuner program.

Jorge

not related with that area, is a damage savefile isue, open it with winrar and delete the area you are triing to move to. (if you are in the keep it should be  AR_0707_Raedrics_Hold_Ext.lvl)

your save files in windows are in user/saved games or something like that ..

so just make a new save, use the "by date" in the folder, and delete that file inside the latest one. then reload the save and good to go.

PD: I have to add, my files didnt get damaged since i disabled the cloud save from steam, so dont know if thats whats causing it.

Edited by Arctic

Hey, Doomsbane, sorry to hear you ran into this issue.

While we've found that the problem can occur in systems that are running Rivatuner Statistics Server, we've also found a related issue that could result in the same crash during transitions in this area. The fix is included for the upcoming patch, but just in case you may want to take a look to see if you're running that Rivatuner program.

Jorge

I am not using said program. When is this patch coming out? I was so enjoying this game. What a bummer !

not related with that area, is a damage savefile isue, open it with winrar and delete the area you are triing to move to. (if you are in the keep it should be  AR_0707_Raedrics_Hold_Ext.lvl)

your save files in windows are in user/saved games or something like that ..

so just make a new save, use the "by date" in the folder, and delete that file inside the latest one. then reload the save and good to go.

PD: I have to add, my files didnt get damaged since i disabled the cloud save from steam, so dont know if thats whats causing it.

So I found that file but not sure how to open it. I got the pillars of eternity file open with WinRAR and found the file you said however, not sure I should delete it. I think that is the hole inside of the keep.

This really sucks! Tried the file thing and did not work. Thanks for trying to help though Arctic. Looks like I am stuck tell they patch this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which will be when???

are you sure you deleted the right file ? you need to reload the savefile were you deleted it .. you can try deleting in that fill all the holds files so you see if it is one of them but its weird. It should work if you did it.