Wailing Banshee / Lillith

Is there any way to end this peacefully?

I get a perception check and notice she has ink on her fingers. Seen the name Maerwith  on the level below , but when I visit Maerwith in Brackenbury, I don't get any option to talk to her about lillith

I think there's a log book you can get from around Lilith, then use that to convince Maerwith to go see her?

I dunno, I had the option to tell Maerwith about the log book, how Lilith waited for her... I didn't take it. My Cipher was kind of an arse. I'm assuming it convinces her...

I think there's a log book you can get from around Lilith, then use that to convince Maerwith to go see her?

I dunno, I had the option to tell Maerwith about the log book, how Lilith waited for her... I didn't take it. My Cipher was kind of an arse. I'm assuming it convinces her...

It does.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

I have the log book, but when I talk to Maervith, there's no option to convince her to come to the lighthouse or whatever, she just tells me to go F off for wasting her time talking to her.

Do I need something else to get that option, or is this some kind of bug?

• Like 1

talk to the wannabe owner when you take the log book, then she will send you to the pirate capitan with dialog line unlocked

Do you mean Niah, the person who sent me on the quest in the first place? She isn't at the spot where she first gave me the quest anymore, near the lighthouse. I can't find her anywhere at the docks.

I haven't killed Lilith yet, I was hoping that I didn't have to.

talk to the wannabe owner when you take the log book, then she will send you to the pirate capitan with dialog line unlocked

Do you mean Niah, the person who sent me on the quest in the first place? She isn't at the spot where she first gave me the quest anymore, near the lighthouse. I can't find her anywhere at the docks.

yes, talk to Niah first, she should be around there.

I spoke to Niah right outside the Lighthouse after I said I'd go find Maerwyn, but nothing happened. Maerwyn tells me to get lost.

there might be some skill / stat requirements for this, i have no idea, i played on expert mode, but it is possible.

yes, talk to Niah first, she should be around there.

This is the location of Niah right?

Pillars-of-Eternity-Act-II-The-Wailing-B

She's not actually there in my game. Like I mentioned, I've accepted the quest from her, and I have the log book, and I haven't killed the ghost Lilith, but Niah is not in this location anymore, I can't find her anywhere. It looks like this might be a bug.

She's not actually there in my game. Like I mentioned, I've accepted the quest from her, and I have the log book, and I haven't killed the ghost Lilith, but Niah is not in this location anymore, I can't find her anywhere. It looks like this might be a bug.

She moves after she gives you the quest to fix the lighthouse; she's closer to the lighthouse than she was before, just a few steps outside the door to the place.

Where_to_find_Niah_zps0wcmmju4.jpg

Edited by Corylea

She moves after she gives you the quest to fix the lighthouse; she's closer to the lighthouse than she was before, just a few steps outside the door to the place.

Where_to_find_Niah_zps0wcmmju4.jpg

WOW, thanks, I totally did not see her at her new location! The devs really need to implement NPC markers in the map, it can be a huge pain to find NPCs a lot of the time, like in this case :/

This quest made my head hurt.

To resolve it peacefully:

- Perception check on Lilith.

- Find Log book.

- Most important, and reason why it took me way too long to compete, READ the logbook in your quest inventory.

- Talk to Niah

- Convince Maervith to talk to Lilith.

Retarded fight, impossible to win I get destroyed in mere seconds and no combat xp for the whole ordeal either. Terribly designed game. Combat too hard and no rewards. 

It's hard to win because you're supposed to resolve the problem without bloodshed.  The game doesn't reward you for slaughtering people; it rewards you for figuring out problems.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jam all your guys by the barrels in the bottom of the room with your tanks on the outside, that way the shadows can't get to them while you can keep waling on them.

Having three tanks is good enough to shield your guys from attack.

Edited by Beastro

Retarded fight, impossible to win I get destroyed in mere seconds and no combat xp for the whole ordeal either. Terribly designed game. Combat too hard and no rewards. 

I oneshotted her on my very first playthrough on path of the damned.

Why is it always the ignorant who whine the most?

It's the Dunning-Kruger effect.

I'd read the whole article (it's very interesting), but the tl;dr is that people who know less are also generally unaware of how little they know, and suffer from illusory superiority and inflated confidence as a result. Idiots gonna idiot.

• Like 5

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Why is it always the pathetic liars who boast about their lies the loudest.

I'll do you one better, I was loading up my savegame and Lillith knew I was coming so she killed herself rather than fight me, that's how baaaaaaaaaad I am

Why is it always the pathetic liars who boast about their lies the loudest.

I'll do you one better, I was loading up my savegame and Lillith knew I was coming so she killed herself rather than fight me, that's how baaaaaaaaaad I am

Or it's possible that he actually one-shotted her on his first playthrough on POTD? Opening salvo with strong ranged weapons and crits/sneak attacks thrown in will do that. POTD is the only challenging difficulty in this game after-all, and it's closer to a "Hard" mode than "Impossible".

It is always the ignorant who whine the most, unfortunately.

Edited by View619

• 3 months later...