From tested:

Cipher:

Affected (DR reduced by 5):

1) Mind Blades

2) Mind Lance

Not affected (ones that do not target enemy)

1) Soul shock

2) Antipathetic Field

3) Ectopsychic Echo

4) Amplified Thrust

Wizard

Affected (DR reduced by 5):

1) Thrust of Tattered Veils

2) Necrotic Lance

3) Crackling Bolt

4) Minoletta's Minor Missiles 

5) Minoletta's Bounding Missiles

6) Minoletta's Concussive Missiles

7) Rolling Flame

Not affected

1) Fan of Flames

2) Ghost Blades

3) Kalakoth's Sunless Grasp

So... it seems Penetrating Shot talent affect powers/spells that

- single target (also ones that jump from enemy to enemy)

- straight line aoe

Which makes Penetrating Shot talent interesting choice for casters.

ps:

Also Vulnerable Attack talent affect Wizard's touch spells:

1) Kalakoth's Sunless Grasp

2) Jolting Touch

pps:

I havnt tested Druid, and Cleric dont have direct damaging spells (one that line aoe seems not working)

Edited by ErlKing

• 1 year later...

pps:

I havnt tested Druid, and Cleric dont have direct damaging spells (one that line aoe seems not working)

How about barbs of condemnation, divine mark, cleansing flame (targetted dot), hand of weal and woe (target + line aoe), pillar of faith (aoe but needs a direct target)?

It affects the main target of concussive missile, not the secondary ones which is a different effect. So it should work with pillars of faith.

That's why I doubt for Kalakoth's minor blight. The main and secondary targets have similar effects so it might be considered as AoE instead of targetted.

What do you mean when you say Penetrating Shot works with Minor Blights? Does Minor Blights' AoE benefit from Penetrating Shot as well - or only the initial target? I guess the later. And if that's the case: does the AoE benefit from Penetrating Blast?

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

What do you mean when you say Penetrating Shot works with Minor Blights? Does Minor Blights' AoE benefit from Penetrating Shot as well - or only the initial target? I guess the later. And if that's the case: does the AoE benefit from Penetrating Blast?

There are 3 effects from Minor Blight :

- Main attack targetting deflection (I think... or is it also reflex ?)

- AoE attack targeting reflex (same damages as main attack).

- Blast AoE for each main target and secondary targets.

Penetrating shot seems to be applied to initial target, and maybe secondary ones (but I can't test it for a few weeks).

Blast talent and penetrating blast shall be applied only to the third effects.

All of these effects can trigger interrupt even if the logs are misleading (interrupt from blast are confirmed as a single target can be interrupted several times but they are not listed in the blast effect).

I'm also curious about Penetrating Shot applied to all crackling bolt and mind lance target (or only the main one).

This paranoia comes from Concussive missile where only main target gets its DR reduced by penetrating shot.

Edited by Elric Galad

I mean that it works on the initial target.

My Wizard test results:

Crackling Bolt (applies to all targets)

Minoletta's Bounding Missiles (applies to all targets)

Minoletta's Concussive Missiles (applies to the initial target)

Rolling Flame (applies to all targets)

Chain Lightning (applies to all targets)

Tested via items:

Mind Lance (applies to all targets)

Rot Skulls (applies to the initial target; only the direct damage part)

Edited by L4wlight
  • Like 1

:skull: SHARKNADO :skull:

This is premium quality testing.

Even better because we have clear a general rule now : penetrating shot apply to line spells, single target spells, jumping spells and main target of targetted spells with AoE. It shouldn't work with DoT and lashes (like sunlance).

So it should Bypass DR of Silent Scream main target. If it wasn't raw damages ^^

More Seriously, it should work with overwhelming wave, firebug, prone pillar (main target is the onlt one to take damages anyway)...

Harder to determine : twin stones (work on line, but not on impact), seven night she waited (work seperately on each line) ?

Finally Charge and Flagellant Path should be considered as "melee line spells" and work with vulnerable attack ???

Further testing :

Penetrating Shot recovery penalty don't apply to spell, even if it adds DR Bypass ! (But of course, it applies to summoned weapon attacks as they are weapons.)

Dangerous Implement applies partially to Kalakoth, but in a bad way : you receive raw damages, but no bonus to damages.

Marksman does apply to Kalakoth Minor Blights.

And Sneak attack applies to main target of Kalakoth's blight, to secondary targets, BUT NOT to blast.

Edited by Elric Galad

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...