Problems with the Ending

I was extremely disappointed that i finally got to face Thalos, not taking in account the fact  i was hoping for a way to avoid the final battle, the issue that we have so little choice after defeating the guy reamins. My PC said he wanted Thalos power for himself and in the end he got the same choices my good guy from the first playtrough got.

I wished there was more choice in the matter, for example one could make a pact with Woedica for power and immortality now that his servant is gone as i told the ghost elven chick i would but i couldn't.

Please Obsidian consider my words, i now it would mean to add more endings to the game but i would settle for text only screens if they cannot be voiced.

Wait, you didn't get the option to send souls to Woedica?

I had six options:

Hylia's "Send souls backt o their bodies", Berath's "Send souls to the wheel" Gawain's "Turn souls into essence that will be people's strength" Rymngard's "Destroy souls", Woedica's "Gimme souls" and Wael's "lol send souls to somewhere random because that'd be mysterious"

.-. What options you had? And what did you do differently? I did at least do all of god appeasement quests and talked to all gods before deciding which one to ask help from and I did do Wael's scroll quest.

Wael I assume doesn't show up as an option if your character is highly honest(or not deceptive enough?). He didn't show up to me anyway.

My character had Honesty 3 and Wael still turned up, so it's not high Honesty that keeps him away. She also had Deceptive 1 and hid the scroll for him, though, so either of those could be a factor. Maybe it's just whether or not you hid the scroll and your reputations make no difference?

I believe i might have had some kind of bug then because i did all that stuff too, and did not get the option of Woedica.

I had 7 options I believe, maybe 6.

It looked like this:

1. Return the souls to the wheel

2. Return the souls to the Hollowborn

3. Release the souls to Dyrwood to strengthen it's people

4. Destroy the very essense of the souls

5. Give the souls to Woedica to strengthen her

6. Release the souls into SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE (or whatever it was for Wael)

7. Do nothing

I can also tell you that if it turns out the Woedica option depends on dialog you pick? Be a slave. Pick slave as your backround when you start the game, Skaen (yes Skaen, despite being with the other guy too) will approach you as you approach the machine and urge you to serve Woedica, who he considers a worthy master that treats her subjects well. Doesn't help OP now, but in the next playthrough where you absolutely want to support Woedica, Slave is a free ticket, should her option need to be unlocked.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

I had both Wael and Woedica options.

For Wael, I had 3 Honesty and had done his scroll quest, which I assume is the reason why he talked to me.

For Woedica, I was a priest with background of Scholar and worshiped Eothas. I am not sure why she approached me? My Aggressive stat was fairly low and so was my Cruel stat.

Perhaps one needs to be "lawful" to be approached by Woedica? Make some choices that uphold the order of the world? I had joined the Crucible Knights formerly, although I really don't know whether it mattered or what exactly triggers it.

Well since you guys cleared the issue of the missing soul options for me, a question still remains, is there a way to consume Thalos soul?

Oh and btw, and if anyone at Obsidian read my original post, you have my apologies.

I had both Wael and Woedica options.

For Wael, I had 3 Honesty and had done his scroll quest, which I assume is the reason why he talked to me.

For Woedica, I was a priest with background of Scholar and worshiped Eothas. I am not sure why she approached me? My Aggressive stat was fairly low and so was my Cruel stat.

Perhaps one needs to be "lawful" to be approached by Woedica? Make some choices that uphold the order of the world? I had joined the Crucible Knights formerly, although I really don't know whether it mattered or what exactly triggers it.

I'm not sure about Woedica, I just assumed that it had to do with my Slave Background.  With regards to Wael, not sure if honesty would have helped given the deity's portofolio.  Additionally, it is not simply fulfilling Wael's quest by returning the scroll, but actually following through with its request and "losing" it.  

On a related tangent, I'm curious if your response to Iovara, with regards to the revelation she imparts upon you, plays a role in Wael's appearance.  My character talked about the question being the important part with Hirevias basically high-fiving me (I don't quite recall the full conversation, I'll edit the post when I replay that area).

I think there might be a few things that trigger Skaen offering the deal to help Woedica. I was playing with the dialogue tags on and when he offered it to me it was displayed as dialogue that triggered because I had three ranks in the deceptive disposition. I was not a slave; I was a merchant, specifically a smuggler on the lamb.

Oh and I got Wael's offer (and chose to take it because it was in keeping with my PC's smart arse attitude) and I completed the Wael quest by obeying his instructions and placing the scroll under the drake's head. There were no disposition tags when he spoke to me.

Edited by MasterPrudent

Well since you guys cleared the issue of the missing soul options for me, a question still remains, is there a way to consume Thalos soul?

Oh and btw, and if anyone at Obsidian read my original post, you have my apologies.

If I remember correctly, there are certain options what to do with his soul, and one of them is consume it for your own good.

I was all benevolent and honest without one shred of deceptive and cruel, and still had Skaen making the offer to me? Maybe yours is a bug?

What was your background (slave, labourer, etcetera)? How did you resolve the blood legacy quest? What was your class? There's probably more than one trigger.

Cipher mercenary, slaughtered the Skaen cult, erased the memories of the young lady and told her to hit the road, killed the incestuous noble, buried Wael's scroll, and got both the Wael and Woedica options. Can't check my reps right now, but I was pretty honest.

For the people who missed Wael's option, are you sure you simply didn't miss talking to him? He's not an automatic trigger, I don't think, he's an NPC that looks like a mote of shadow that you have to click on before you enter Sun in Shadow. 

• Like 1

I was all benevolent and honest without one shred of deceptive and cruel, and still had Skaen making the offer to me? Maybe yours is a bug?

What was your background (slave, labourer, etcetera)? How did you resolve the blood legacy quest? What was your class? There's probably more than one trigger.

Pale elf Cipher explorer, wiped Aelys' brain and told her to wander, killed all the Skaen cultists. And before I approach the final machine, Skaen showed up automatically.

If I remember correctly, there are certain options what to do with his soul, and one of them is consume it for your own good.
I didn't get the option to consume it, but I had two different "tear apart".

I got Skaen too. Rogue drifter, killed Skaenites, erased the girl's memory and sent her to the clergy, 1 in Deceptive and Cruel. Don't know what else could have been a factor.

Wael I assume doesn't show up as an option if your character is highly honest(or not deceptive enough?). He didn't show up to me anyway.

I was honest and not deceptive at all and had that option. I also chose it. Didn't end well but mainly because I promissed every god to do what they want and they where super pissed when I didn't do it and all wrecked havok in the endings. 

I think you get the option if you actualy talked with Wael on the level before the last one.