Is there any way to remove the permanent stat increase bug on load ?

Maydawn

Question

Hello.

So I've been playing for quite a long time now, and I noticed my fighter Eder was just unkillable [playing on hard]. I checked his character page, and it stated he had a whooping 114 deflection !

Now, it may be possible later in the game, but currently I'm just questing my way through Defiance Bay.

I remembered reading here on the forums that if you equip items that give certain stats, then save and load, they stack and add again and again.

So, is there any way to remove it ? or just start a new game ?

Edit: And just out of curiosity, how did this bug survive beta testing ? I mean, I love this game [understatement], best 45$ I've ever spent on a game, with regrets I didn't buy the royal edition [GOG], just to show my support. But it does feel that it was a bit unfinished, with all those game breaking bugs floating around the forums

Edited by Maydawn
  • Like 1

9 answers to this question

You could mod or cheat that condition out.

Cail The Silent- The drake coils its body protectively around something. "One day I will become a burning thing. Bright and terrible like my spark."
Quest "Cinders of Faith"

Sagani- Sagani chuckles. "Nothing against these stuffy forests, but you haven't seen the southern lights over Naasitaq."
Quest "The Long Hunt"

I have had some odd behavior with my companions.

every once in a while, one of them (at random) will get increases to some of their stats.

these are permanent, if I save a game after it happens and reload, these stat increases stay, and show up in the lists.

It's the reason I had to activate the console finally; to actually DECREASE their stats back down to "normal".

latest I noticed is Aloth gaining +2 int, perception, and resolve while exploring the eorath underground temple area.

but it has happened to Aloth, Durance, and Eder. 

anyone else have anything similar happen?

anyone else have anything similar happen?

I've seen threads about this and I'll try to find where one is and merge your thread into it. Good luck and happy adventuring!
  • Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

thanks muchly. :yes:

I remembered reading here on the forums that if you equip items that give certain stats, then save and load, they stack and add again and again.

ah, yeah.  It's not just Eder.  I have noticed this with every NPC that wears an item with a stat boost on it.

but...

not all stat boosts seem to repeat themselves.

I have noticed that items that boost:

-intellect
-perception
-resolve

tend to randomly duplicate the effects.

-I have not noticed this happening with items that boost constitution, though again, that might just be random.

-I don't have any items that boost might, and have never seen that stat get duplicated.

-of the people wearing things with stats that get duped, all of those are wearing items that I enchanted to have +1 to either intellect, perception, or resolve.

-my PC, and my mercenary (from the Inn) NPC do not ever show any duped stats.

-if I look at the list of active effects for my party members, I often see effects on my PC being duplicated to other party members.  for example, my pc, a paladin, is using the "outworn bucker", which gives a bonus of +5 to deflection and all defenses.  If I look at Aloth's bonus sheet, his stats reflect MY bonuses for this shield, and actually show up in the text list of bonuses applied.  This results in Aloth, a freaking mage, having 71 deflection (with no spells or potion buffs)!

Edited by Ichthyic
  • Like 1

also reported in the "gamebreaking bugs" thread:

Nr 1 http://forums.obsidi...tended-values/�

The mother of all game breaking bugs and the main reason so many people are complaining that the game is too easy on HARD difficulty.

Loading a Savegame in the same map where you picked up a companion, and the companion is wearing armor that boost <random stats>.

Each time you load a savegame, the stats increase! do it 100 times and your character is INVINCIBLE.

so there it is.  seems the bug has been noticed by many others, and defined as to how it works.