Anyone else think it's hard to read while the dialog starts speaking before you're ready?

. I would still really like to hear the narrator during the chapters voice overs, for instance. In a perfect world though, for me, it would mute all the dialog by default and only play when I have my mouse hovered over the text for it.

That actually doesn't sound like an awfully hard thing to mod...the game already have it since hovering over enemy shows hp/more info and it only have to modulate how low/hight the voice volume is....

Edited by lyin321

Pauses in the voiced conversation would drive me up the wall. Since my reading speed is well above average I'd end up reading half the dialogue, then it would randomly start speaking throwing me out. Then I'd start over, get halfway again before it randomly started speaking again and I'd lose the thread again.

It works for subtitles because I can just glance down for 1/10 of a second to read the line then resume watching, but a weird half-measure there would be a real problem.

The easiest, most universal and honestly most reasonable from a budget point of view fix would be to just go through the dialog and split up every page that includes flavor text in front of voice acted parts so that you can read the flavor text first and hear the dialog after clicking continue. Depending on the format it is in that should be able to do via a script / software.

Edited by xxTheGoDxx