sunshinecorp

Question

Ubuntu 12.04.5 (64 bit)

3.13.0 Kernel

11501000 X Server Release

Marco X Window Manager (MATE 1.6.0)

AMD A10-5800K APU

AMD Radeon HD 7660D

4.4.13283 Driver Version (14.501.1003 / AMD Catalyst Omega 14.12 latest proprietary stable)

OpenGL Version 4.4

Desktop Color Depth 24 bits per pixel

Monitor Refresh Rate 60 Hz

Primary Display Resolution 1920 x 1080

Desktop Resolution 1920 x1080

http://pastebin.com/1bdEGP2a for contents of Player.log

http://s27.postimg.org/3nd7e3joj/291650_2015_04_01_00001.jpg

and

http://s22.postimg.org/dr8zsswld/291650_2015_04_01_00002.jpg

for screenshots (uploader won't let me attach here for some reason)

The problem becomes a bit less obvious when I disable desktop compositing, but not by a lot.

5 answers to this question

To anyone that asked, I'm 200% sure I'm using Catalyst and that I've removed all traces of Mesa from my system.

An update:

Latest patch seems to have fixed most of the problem for me, but there is one problem remaining:

Character avatars are pixelized. And not NPC avatars, just PC ones (during character creation and within the game).

I have experienced these problems before. I have Nvidia though, and have updated to a different Nvidia driver, not the free ones - using a PPA.

That fixed the problems you shown in your screenshots that I also was having.

However, there are still some very minor graphical glitches and I still get screen tearing. I don't know if they're going to be able to fix it, considering Windows is most important for developers anymore, because lack of people playing games statistically on Linux. Which frustrates me quite a bit, that when you own a game - it is never on par with the Windows version.

Even without glitches, graphically the game doesn't look nearly as good as it does on Windows on Linux. I run Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca XFCE. (I didn't change Cinnamon or any other desktop to XFCE, the version of Linux Mint I downloaded, burned and installed already had XFCE as default desktop environment). Ubuntu and Linux Mint I believe are the only distros that GOG.com supports and I do have the GOG.com version. However, I followed a guide including a script on the forums to turn the GOG.com tarball into a .deb file which allowed me to install it as an application. I have experienced these issues without installing as an application as well, it makes no difference for the user - we can't do anything about it.

I just wish Linux mattered more to developers. Without Linux a large portion of the technology world would crash and burn because it's used behind the scenes quite a bit more than most people realize. It is the base for a lot of computing projects and technology projects.