Controversial Limerick Discussion

Maybe I just missed it in this thread, but something I don't see having been brought up the fact that the update claims that every single other backer content addages had been thoroughly vetted. Every. Single. One... BUT this one particular memorial. Call me a tinfoil hatter, but that seems slightly implausible to me.

Pro-Tip: CEOs of a company will do PR and word things in beneficial ways.

If you think it's plausible to change this practice, I've got a bridge leading nowhere I'd like to sell you.

If you're so naive to not be on your toes about any statements a CEO, marketing director or PR guy gives you, then you're gonna be disappointed and confused quite a lot.

You can gladly go be mad at Feargus for his statement being unclear or a "half-truth" in some ways, but I think you'll find you take issue with every CEO ever.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

One way or another, Obsidian has lost value with me. How could I ever defend them from their reputation as a buggy developer when, even if they were 100% truthful

1: They had super sloppy vetting process (I'd really like to see the guidelines it went by released publicly)

2: A genocide advocat on Twitter gets more attention than the many remaining critical bugs

M8, come on. I HIGHLY doubt the developers working on the bugs were the ones handling this ****storm.

Sawyer said he would "talk to our producers about it". At the very least Feargus had his time wasted with it because he wrote the PR line.

They mentioned technical issues prevented them from just editing the limerick so they had to delete it and add a new one. SOMEONE at least semi-qualifed to look over code had to have his or her time taken up with this nonsense.

Never negotiate. You will only encourage more acts of terror.

No. No "but"s. He was dishonest with paying customers, potential customers and funders. Period.

I never accused Firedorn of lying, only Obsidian.

Obsidian's response in that letter was nothing but a **** you to the above and emboldenment to the kill all men crowd (as can be seen with how Eric bragged about it on Twitter and immediantly started thinking about how if everyone were so gullable he'd be throwing men in concnertation camps already)

Yes, Feargus was probably a tad dishonest with you, but:

We don't actually know what "vetting" entails.

Please..... the story that this one backer somehow escaped vetting is a lie to cover this ruse. They clearly were pressured by the LGTB lobby to change this text.

Im telling you..... all the developers laughed when they first read this text.... NONE found it offensive.... its why it was in the game

I recall one of the devs in a PoE sit-down/demonstration sounding quite effeminate. If I were to suspect anything it would be that they have LGBT sympathizers from within also pushing this censorship. - just a conspiracy theory.

Edited by Kveldulf

No. No "but"s. He was dishonest with paying customers, potential customers and funders. Period.

I never accused Firedorn of lying, only Obsidian.

Obsidian's response in that letter was nothing but a **** you to the above and emboldenment to the kill all men crowd (as can be seen with how Eric bragged about it on Twitter and immediantly started thinking about how if everyone were so gullable he'd be throwing men in concnertation camps already)

Yes, Feargus was probably a tad dishonest with you, but:

We don't actually know what "vetting" entails.

Please..... the story that this one backer somehow escaped vetting is a lie to cover this ruse. They clearly were pressured by the LGTB lobby to change this text.

Im telling you..... all the developers laughed when they first read this text.... NONE found it offensive.... its why it was in the game

I recall one of the devs in a PoE sit-down/demonstration sounding quite effeminate. If I were to suspect anything it would be that they have LGBT sympathizers from within also pushing this. - conspiracy theory.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Next you'll be insinuating they spoke with a "gay lisp".

Edited by Arouet

Eric's not even her deadname. You are fooling noone. You'd have better luck back in KiA.

I'm from KiA and I'd still thank you not to throw us all in the same bag, especially since as I recall, you've dodged any attempts to debate with me or others these past few pages aswell. As far as I'm concerned, you condone yourself not much better than many of the people I'm currently highly frustrated with.

It might help if your posts involved a little more objective discussion and a little less smug sense of satisfaction when you think you've just tossed out an epic "burn."

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Maybe I just missed it in this thread, but something I don't see having been brought up the fact that the update claims that every single other backer content addages had been thoroughly vetted. Every. Single. One... BUT this one particular memorial. Call me a tinfoil hatter, but that seems slightly implausible to me.

If you think it's plausible to change this practice, I've got a bridge leading nowhere I'd like to sell you.

If you're so naive to not be on your toes about any statements a CEO, marketing director or PR guy gives you, then you're gonna be disappointed and confused quite a lot.

You can gladly go be mad at Feargus for his statement being unclear or a "half-truth" in some ways, but I think you'll find you take issue with every CEO ever.

Feargus wasn't saying this to merely the general public, he said it to people that were responsible for the game being funded.

There's also the fact that the POINT of Kickstarter is the AVOID needing to bull**** customers for the publishers sake.

Have you read his posts? He *knew* it was offensive!

Why do you keep defending him?

Any opinion will be offensive to someone. Some people think LBGT-lifestyles are offensive, some people find drinking alcohol is offensive.

I hope you don't want to reitroduce prohibition or forbid/censor LBGT.

I hope you don't want to selectively censor everything you don't like/approve of, and cry "Censorship!" only on issues you do like.

One can limit freedom of speech regarding hate-speech, like #killallmen, #killalllesbians, #killallhumanslargerthan2mcausetheyaretoofrigginbig

but thats a slippery slope...

Context. It's a thing.

Exactly.

I say #killkillallhumanslargerthan2mcausetheyaretoofrigginbig

i think of it as a joke to make light of the whole situation.

Someone else might take it very serious, due to personal abuse, religion, or whatever reason.

Same text, different context. But, should i be forbidden to use this stupid hashtag just because someone might take offense?

One way or another, Obsidian has lost value with me. How could I ever defend them from their reputation as a buggy developer when, even if they were 100% truthful

1: They had super sloppy vetting process (I'd really like to see the guidelines it went by released publicly)

2: A genocide advocat on Twitter gets more attention than the many remaining critical bugs

M8, come on. I HIGHLY doubt the developers working on the bugs were the ones handling this ****storm.

Sawyer said he would "talk to our producers about it". At the very least Feargus had his time wasted with it because he wrote the PR line.

They mentioned technical issues prevented them from just editing the limerick so they had to delete it and add a new one. SOMEONE at least semi-qualifed to look over code had to have his or her time taken up with this nonsense.

For all we know Feargus may have nothing to do with fixing bugs. As far as I'm aware he designs and handles things from the business side of things. It's the code monkeys and QA teams that focus on bugs, and QA seems to be on here all the time.

Listen to yourself dude.

#1 is essentially "they did not censor enough."  Weren't you JUST throwing a fit there was censorship at all?

#2 Sawyer gave attention to a different party entirely. Sawyer never directly responded to anything the genodice advocate said.

No, it's "they didn't even bother to censor consistently".

Eric and Cheong both advocate genocide and those are the only two people Sawyer @ed. Either way he listened to one.

Eric's not even her deadname. You are fooling noone. Try KiA, they'd upvote your **** to the ceiling.

"deadname" Really? Is it called that because of all the death he preeches?

At this point you're creating a conlag, not jargon

Actually... If you know his real name to know it isn't Eric

YOU ARE AQUANITED WITH HIM!

That explains EVERYTHING you've said the past half dozen threads.

Edited by deuxhero

Eric's not even her deadname. You are fooling noone. You'd have better luck back in KiA.

I'm from KiA and I'd still thank you not to throw us all in the same bag, especially since as I recall, you've dodged any attempts to debate with me or others these past few pages aswell. As far as I'm concerned, you condone yourself not much better than many of the people I'm currently highly frustrated with.

It might help if your posts involved a little more objective discussion and a little less smug sense of satisfaction when you think you've just tossed out an epic "burn."

It might help if there was a little less deadnaming in this thread.

Edited by Arouet

Well, yes, someone qualified to look over code had to have his/her time taken up, but your post suggested that they just went "oh, there's people having crashes left and right? stats disappearing? **** that ****, there's a special snowflake on twitter complaining. We'll deal with bugs later". Seems to me they fixed the critical bugs while they "dealt" with the issue, so I'm fine with it (even though there was no issue to deal with really...).

What ****ing bothers me is how they didn't even say anything in the patch notes regarding the changes. But whatever, no biggie.

Edited by mindswayer

I hate Unity.

NOTE: KiA will ban you for repeatedly "misgendering" or referring to trans by their "deadnames".

I know GG is a popular boogeyman, but at least get your jabs right.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Next you'll be insinuating they spoke with a "gay lisp".

Im not saying all effeminate men are gay. But it tells me something might be up.

I'm not ashamed to notice effeminate qualities or mannerisms. I try not to judge too much by it, until certain things become too pronounced.

Edited by Kveldulf

Have you read his posts? He *knew* it was offensive!

Why do you keep defending him?

Any opinion will be offensive to someone. Some people think LBGT-lifestyles are offensive, some people find drinking alcohol is offensive.

I hope you don't want to reitroduce prohibition or forbid/censor LBGT.

I hope you don't want to selectively censor everything you don't like/approve of, and cry "Censorship!" only on issues you do like.

One can limit freedom of speech regarding hate-speech, like #killallmen, #killalllesbians, #killallhumanslargerthan2mcausetheyaretoofrigginbig

but thats a slippery slope...

Context. It's a thing.

Exactly.

I say #killkillallhumanslargerthan2mcausetheyaretoofrigginbig

i think of it as a joke to make light of the whole situation.

Someone else might take it very serious, due to personal abuse, religion, or whatever reason.

Same text, different context. But, should i be forbidden to use this stupid hashtag just because someone might take offense?

ffs. It was a hint that maybe you should go back and read the context of my post, since you're making a lot of baseless assumptions.

Here's another hint: Cyphon has since recognised that he was being overly generous.

Look at Kvedulf's last two posts.

Forgive me if humor is the only thing keeping me sane against people who think an effeminite dev in a video is a sign of a homosexual conspiracy.

And if there is one, I want in.

Edited by Arouet
  • Like 3

Nah. I'm not mad about their PR statement. I'm just bringing it up because it casts doubt on the idea that they took it down because it alone wasn't vetted, rather than because of the ideological butthurt that ensued.

• Like 1

Well, yes, someone qualified to look over code had to have his/her time taken up, but your post suggested that they just went "oh, there's people having crashes left and right? stats disappearing? **** that ****, there's a special snowflake on twitter complaining. We'll deal with bugs later". Seems to me they fixed the critical bugs while they "dealt" with the issue, so I'm fine with it (even though there was no issue to deal with really...).

What ****ing bothers me is how they didn't even say anything in the patch notes regarding the changes. But whatever, no biggie.

Are you saying the game has zero known issues currently?

Eric's not even her deadname. You are fooling noone. Try KiA, they'd upvote your **** to the ceiling.

People are just riling each other up like crazy there (and here for that matter). I know that's how it works, but it always makes me sad to see it in action.

Obsidian worked with a backer to change his offensive joke. All actual game content apart from that one stupid joke is intact. Can you seriously say the game is any less of what was promised to you because of this?

Feargus wasn't saying this to merely the general public, he said it to people that were responsible for the game being funded.

There's also the fact that the POINT of Kickstarter is the AVOID needing to bull**** customers for the publishers sake.

I know, because I am one of those backers. Are you?

It's really quite simple here:

One case where I'm at odds with SJWs? Let's take the feminists for example. They often argue we need a world with no gender stereotypes, where men and women are objectified equally and both can be a construction worker or a hair stylist or whatever without being judged.

Theoretically speaking, is there anything wrong with this view? Not at all. It wouldn't do harm. So what's the problem? The problem is that they never present a working plan to make it happen, and their reasons why it's neccesary are also often weak. They dream of a world where no one ever says anything transphobic or hateful, but when it comes time to motivate people to think and speak that way, their solutions are akin to "KILL HIM" if someone does say or think something they consider out of line.

Same concept here. Give me a working plan on how you expect PR, Marketing and CEO positions to suddenly not play with words and language to present the most inoffensive, user-friendly image imagineable. You don't have one. I promise you you don't, nor will you ever. If you think you have one, then I promise you're about to say "BOYCOTT OBSIDIAN" which might as well be "KILL HIM."

You're being unreasonable and very naive to the realities of the world if you expect flawless, transparent truth from a CEO. That's just how it is. Use that knowledge to your advantage, because if all you can do is freak out when a CEO doesn't shoot straight with you, you're gonna lose all your hair by age 30.

• Like 1

Look at Kvedulf's last two posts.

Forgive me if humor is the only thing keeping me sane against people who think an effeminite dev in a video is a sign of a homosexual conspiracy.

And if there is one, I want in.

/shrug

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Firedorn knew it was offensive. He expected it to be rejected. He obviously did not intend it as just a harmless jest.

Why the hell are you so invested in making it seem like he is without fault?

I knew it was offensive.  It was meant as a joke, you know...an offensive one.  What fault is there in expressing myself with something controversial?

Knock yourself out, but you better not be whining if someone expresses themselves by calling it out.

Calling it out is quite different from attempting to extinguish it. It's fine to disagree with questionable content but to call for it to be cut out... well, that speaks of great immaturity.

So you're ok with speech you disagree with so long as it's impotent. Persuasion = censorship. Of course. Of course.

I simply think it speaks of a very small and dull mind when one cannot tolerate content which potentially upsets.

And dialogue should be had for the sake dialogue. It should not exist only as a hammer to beat down those of opposing views. There was never any room for discourse here. There still isn't which is why I've advocated letting it go. 

• Like 1

"When the foul sore of envy corrupts the vanquished heart, the very exterior itself shows how forcibly the mind is urged by madness. For paleness seizes the complexion, the eyes are weighed down, the spirit is inflamed, while the limbs are chilled, there is frenzy in the heart, there is gnashing with the teeth."

"Obsidian worked with a backer to change his offensive joke. All actual game content apart from that one stupid joke is intact. Can you seriously say the game is any less of what was promised to you because of this?"

There are more offensive jokes than that - some of them from actual Obsidian writers. L0LZ

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

NOTE: KiA will ban you for repeatedly "misgendering" or referring to trans by their "deadnames".

I know GG is a popular boogeyman, but at least get your jabs right.

You're right, Kia is totally full of sane people.

• Like 1