Am I the only person who have positive things to say?

I guess unsatisfied people are louder than us who just love the game, and spend our time happily playing it.

I've been very happy with my experience thus far in PoE. I've played 40 hours since release, taking my time with most thing I've done, I'm not even close to finishing the game, been pushing Endless paths.

The music is absolutely top notch.

Handcrafted visuals are also amazing.

The endurance / health system is really great and makes for some interesting dungon crawling, even though it's often easy to just go back to an inn to rest somewhere it makes you wanna win fights and push an extra fight even though you maybe shouldn't.

Lots of sidequests that are actually interesting.

Game starts out great and throws you directly in to the story of the game, instead of letting you start of by killing rabbits and doing meaningless tasks.

I love that you sticked to the pause fighting system. This system is great, because it makes ME able to control the speed and detail of fights. Easy fights take just seconds while harder.

I for one didn't suffer from any of the bugs, even though I couldn't get a certain companion it didn't hurt my enjoyment of the game.

I just wanna give huge cudos to Obsidian for making a very fun game, which makes me play way to much and to late in the night.

• Like 28

No don't worry, most people have positive things to say. People that gather in the forums after a game is released are mostly the unhappy ones. Or the ones that are in work and can't play like me :p
Or some other nice people that were here before the game got released 

• Like 6

There have been a bunch of appreciation threads here. They just tend to drift off the page because there's really not much to add, and the folks who don't think it's so great have had the courtesy (generally speaking) to stay away instead of going NO U R FANBOI.

(Yes, it's fantastic.)

• Like 9

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Having a blast here, haven't encountered any bugs yet and just too busy playing and having fun to waste any of my time on trolls, whiners and other negative people!

Game and lore are great, bugs are...embarassing.

What IS embarassing is that your first post on these forums is an 8-word claim about bugs instead of a constructive post in a thread devoted to these bugs with a detailed description of the bugs you encountered, so the devs can actually do something about them...

• Like 5

Excellent art and music, OK to great writing, very decent combat system with lots of potential not yet realised, relatively unbuggy, and finally a game with its heart in its right old-school place for the most part. All that adds up to a pretty great experience, though I think the really good game will come with the sequel.

• Like 7

Loving this game, it is everything I've expected from Obsidian when I backed the game, plus many many more features, which I did not expected, but positively surprised me. I wish more companies would make this style of game with at least half the quality of Obsidian. I would have a lot of stuff to play than.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Think the people who love it are to busy playing :)

I for one am at work, so can't play right now...

Loving it, old school style, and not having to play the to familiar BG for the 20+ time.

Not seen any bugs yet, and my only complaint is how stealth works bad, and how mechanics is to important.

Other than that I'm confident they'll add new content over time.

Just because something is good doesn't mean one shouldn't criticize what needs to be criticize.

And as have been posted before, there has been a lot of praise as well.

• Like 1

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . .

when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you

Nope, you're not the only one. I for one am loving the game and could care less about bugs.  Remember the original Witcher game?  It was absolutely riddled with bugs so what happened?  They released the Extended Edition and it became one of the most perfect games ever to grace my computer :D  I played BGII back when it came out and it had some pretty bad game breaking bugs and back in the day Bioware was very good about taking it's time and releasing bug free games.  Look at all the fan mods for games such as BGI and II, IWD I and II, NWN I and II and to this day you'll still see fans fixing stuff.  These types of games have a crap load of code.  MIles and miles of it I'm sure and it seems like everytime you fix one thing then you break another.  In time with the developers and fans I'm sure we'll see all kinds of neat things.  Personally I don't care about bugs.  If it breaks my game then I'll just start over lol.  It's not like I'm not going to play this a million times anyway :D 

There are lots of positive threads, but after a while they all look kinda samey so i guess after a while people do not see the need for yet another "thank you" thread.

Plus, many of the people who are wasting time on the forums instead of playing are probably the ones who did not like the game or, like me, have run into some kind of gamebreaking bug.

Edited by Vizera

I'm enjoying it quite a bit. It's not perfect, but the positives heavily outweigh the negatives. With a couple of patches and a little fine tuning, it'll be well worth a replay. For me it's a solid RPG GoTY candidate.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

It's your choice to view criticism or discussion as negativity. Overall I'm very pleased with this game and it's been received very positively. It's an excellent platform for expansion and sequels, and I'm sure Obsidian are happy to receive constructive criticism.

• Like 1

Game and lore are great, bugs are...embarassing.

I've only suffered one, so far: the game locked up on a loading screen.

This is the best single-player CRPG I've seen in years.

Haven't you heard?
It's a battle of words!
the poster bearer cried.

I guess unsatisfied people are louder than us who just love the game, and spend our time happily playing it.

Why do you think you are the only person, isn't that a stretch on the other polar end?

Love the game, to the point it's worth breaking it down and discussing it.

As with anything brand new, lots to like, lots to see room for improvement on. Like D:OS, I feel the NEXT game gets to be that much better from leassons learned and not having to create an engine from scratch. Still waiting on the final D:OS and WL2 balance patch, so this has a good 6-9 months before that time. Right on schedule, lol.

Excellent art and music, OK to great writing, very decent combat system with lots of potential not yet realised, relatively unbuggy, and finally a game with its heart in its right old-school place for the most part. All that adds up to a pretty great experience, though I think the really good game will come with the sequel.

That's just about exactly what I think too.  Sure, I can find stuff I'd like to see tweaked, but step back a pace or two, and it's the best CRPG I've seen in ages.  I can't think of any other CRPG in the last decade that can stand toe to toe with PoE.  There have been others I've liked a lot, mind, but they weren't as strong overall with as much potential.

On a scale of 100, I give this about a 90 as of release day, with strong potential to move up to 95 over time as they improve it.  And 95 is about as good as any game ever gets, for me.  There's no perfection.

April Fools?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Most people here are a savvy bunch of old school game gourmets, who refuse to eat a tasty steak, yet don't let the waitress take it away until the chef comes and adds the appropriate amount of salt, personally.

We all love the game and Obsidian in a very ****ed up kind of way I guess. :D

Derpdragon of the Obsidian Order

Derpdragons everywhere. I like spears.

No sleep for the Watcher... because he was busy playing Pillars of Eternity instead.

I thoroughly enjoy what little bit of the game I've experienced so far. The music is amazing, the area designs are intricate and promote immersion, the combat system requires strategy and adaptation and the role-playing allows you to completely change the outcome of the game. 

Thank you for a great game. 

• Like 1