why can't obsidian have ONE clean release ?

You would be crying that if you had a buggy experience. You're saying you are bug free. Well good. A lot of people are not and it's hypocritical to say people are "crying" when you know if you WERE having critical issues with your game, you would complain as well.

Oh, and no one is bug free in this game. If you double click a piece of equipment, you just hit a bug. A bad one. It's that easy. You may not think it's bad, but it's bad.

sorry to disappoint you but double clicking an item does nothing unexpected for me. Just tested it. I double click a breastarmor to equip it, i get the stats, i double click it again to unequip it i lose the stats.

I've yet to experience any of these "game breaking" bugs in 23 hours of total playtime.

I really think a few people had issues and they made a mountain out of a mole hill. Suddenly people that don't even play the game start making topics about bugs and "avoid the game until a patch!"

You would be crying that if you had a buggy experience. You're saying you are bug free. Well good. A lot of people are not and it's hypocritical to say people are "crying" when you know if you WERE having critical issues with your game, you would complain as well.

Oh, and no one is bug free in this game. If you double click a piece of equipment, you just hit a bug. A bad one. It's that easy. You may not think it's bad, but it's bad.

sorry to disappoint you but double clicking an item does nothing unexpected for me. Just tested it. I double click a breastarmor to equip it, i get the stats, i double click it again to unequip it i lose the stats.

Er.  Did you have any passive abilities on your character prior to testing this?  Racial ones, say?

Er.  Did you have any passive abilities on your character prior to testing this?  Racial ones, say?

Not sure, I just made a quick test before going to work. But shouldnt you have racial passives all the time?

Not sure, I just made a quick test before going to work. But shouldnt you have racial passives all the time?

Those are what the double-click bug removes.  Should be fine if you didn't save your game afterwards, though.

I remember playing Fallout 3 and having this issue where near the "city in the boat" (don't rember the name), my game would crash. Always. This was a game stopping bug, at least for the main story.

Yet, people never think Bethesda = bugs

When Obsidian releases a game it's always the same "this game is crawling with bugs". Sure, easy. Every game has bugs. A lot.

So, I won't say this game has no bugs. But I have yet to experience a game stopping one and I'm on my second ply through.

Btw, software proof testing can be quite heavy. One of my former colleagues went developing for military nuclear submarines sonars. One year of development. 6 years of testing. That's what you need if you want 100% efficiency. Of course, if you only want 99% efficiency, you can do only one tenth of the testing.

Oh I definitely think bugs when I think Bugthesda, just out of interest were you running an unofficial patch at the time? 

*edit*

I ask because the only version that was available for a long time had a 100% crash issue outside Rivet City.

I don't think so. It was pretty close to the release of the game on my first playthrough (so unmodded).

With the console, I could tp into the lab of the boat to go on with the main quest, so there was a work around.

• 2 weeks later...

bugs I have run into during gameplay:

-game crashed on start (workaround: delete specific font in windows directory).
-unlimited stat increase.  could fix via console to some extent
-unlimited damage reduction.  could NOT fix via console to any extent; character ruined.
-permanent blind (it's just an irritating icon AFAICT, but it's there)
-permanent insect swarm (ogre druids.  first time... death.  workaround with save load sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, still leaves insects buzzing around you)
-savegames getting progressively longer and longer to load/save
-casting bug where casting would go into infinite loop (with fun sound echo), stoppable by recasting the same spell, again, but very very irritating.
-attack bug with arbalest where character would repeat attack motion infinitely but without attacking
-negative damage reduction after storing companion in keep (unrepairable - character ruined).
-disappearing items from characters stored in keep.
-spell abilities from weapons (or items) randomly disappearing; will reappear on reload, but rather inconvenient if you were already in combat.
-charcters getting stuck on things (oddly seems to happen most often with Kana... large model size perhaps?)
-"already active" notice on abilities that had not actually been used yet.
-accuracy stacking on characters stored in keep.
-"unpaid" hirelings in keep
-characters not going where you direct them in combat; instead heading off in some random direction.

those are just the ones I can recall off the top of my head.

they were frequent enough, and irritating enough, that I finally stopped playing (second playthrough) and will wait for whatever the patch state is in a month or so before trying again.

this, just for people who said:  "I had no bugs, is there a buglist I can double check against?"

I would not consider any of these bugs gameSTOPPING (well, excepting the one I had where the game wouldn't even start), but I would most certainly consider bugs that permanently ruin your character stats as entirely gameBREAKING.

so yeah, I worked for a developer for several years, and RAN the bugtesting team for our products, both games and internet entertainment, and there are indeed quite a few very irritating bugs in this game.

On the whole though, it feels about average for a crpg release.

Edited by Ichthyic