Question about companions banter

Hi all guys, i have a question about banter and since i'm at the beginning of the game i prefer to ask this now.

Is it possible to banter and do personal quest (if they exist in the game) for all the companions? I mean if is possible to leave them out of the group and take them at anytime i want to talk to them. I ask this because i want to do a cipher but there is already one companion of that class, and since it is written by Avellone himself i'm curious to read her story, while not forced to have her all the time with me.

My english is not the best so sorry me guys, thank you all in advance.

PS: Is she a well written companion? :)

1.  As long as you have your stronghold and the proper Brighthollow upgrade, your "benched" (not being used) companions will hang out there and you can talk to them there at any time.  Much like your ship in Mass Effect, or "camp" in DA:O.  However, you will miss out on their in-game banter, commentary, etc, and some interactions. 

2.  Yes she is a well written character. 

3.  You can pick them up later and try to finish up their quests (some are easier to complete without having had them in the party - I think some may not be completable without having them in the party for at least some portion of time or for certain events). 

Edited by Gallenger

Thank you for the answer...damn i'm so indecided xD, i usually go rogue but this time cipher seems to be a lot fun...but having two cipher in the party..i have to decide xD

Ciphers are incredible damage dealers, therefore with two of them you should tear everyone apart. Wish I had rolled a Cipher in first place, sigh

Thank you for the answer...damn i'm so indecided xD, i usually go rogue but this time cipher seems to be a lot fun...but having two cipher in the party..i have to decide xD

Ciphers are incredible damage dealers, therefore with two of them you should tear everyone apart. Wish I had rolled a Cipher in first place, sigh

And seems fun too, but having 2 same class in the party... :p