anyone here who can give me tips how to beat the ogres in the game... iam in the endless dungeon, my party lvl is around 5 and the ogres kill my tank within 1 hit... i think i doing something completely wrong but i have no idea where to start to change my playstile. So would be cool if you could give me some hints how you play or how you beat the damn ogres :-) thank you in advance.

Tanking in PoE = Stack Deflection.  

120 deflect level 5 warrior, no problems with ogres. 

thx , i try : ) if someone else has some ideas you are welcome

Edited by synfrei

Like PrimaJunta pointed out, the key is to make your party stand at a choke point.

Ogres are pretty large, and it's pretty straight-forward when you only have to tank one while the others are stuck behind the first ogre.

Also while your tank is tanking the first ogre it's also nice to have your ranged classes shooting at an ogre druid while he's trying to reach you but cant because of the choke point.

• Like 1

Slicken spam. :/

Never heard the word "slicken" and translation still helps me not understand what you want to say sorry.

@PrimeJunta & Covi, yes great idea with the choke point. But first i have to do something with my tank because he dies with one hit if a ogre is not interrupted... : ) I learned a few things from other posts about the game and will try it on weekend...

Hopefully i will find a way out of the Ogre dungeon on 3rd dungeon level, its a bad idea jumping down into the blood pit and discovering on the way out these damn giants,,, joking, i like the game as it is soooooooooooooooooooo much :-)

Thx

Edited by synfrei

Slick is a lv1 spell that makes mobs fall down. Personally i prefer the chill fog. Damage, and blindess ;)

But yeah, stack more deflection, more DR armor (plate armor dr12 base) defender mode on your fighter, good shield and let him go first, then just pummel em :D

• Like 1

Holding a choke point and mobbing them also works. They have surprisingly low Concentration so if you've got two or more characters wailing on them they'll get stunlocked by interrupts.

Find a chokepoint, put a Burning Seal right at it. Then a Noxious Burst trap behind the seal. Then pull with a Rolling Flames.

Laugh.

• Like 1

Holding a choke point and mobbing them also works. They have surprisingly low Concentration so if you've got two or more characters wailing on them they'll get stunlocked by interrupts.

Find a chokepoint, put a Burning Seal right at it. Then a Noxious Burst trap behind the seal. Then pull with a Rolling Flames.

Laugh.

That sounds like a really good tactic.

I am on normal mode so i just cast when combat starts, but you posting this made a lightbulb appear above my head on how to make some fights easier :)

• Like 1

Laugh.

If it works i laugh and like your post! lets see :-)

Some points that will help, if anyone else have troubles.

- Have a tank with high deflection, usually from shield with the shield talent. Make that guy engage as many ogres as needed/possible.

- Have a spare Brigandine in your inventory that you equip on the tank before fighting ogres. Brigandine's have the highest Crush damage reduction. However, Ogres do either Crush or Pierce damage so there might be a better option than Brigandine.

- Use any choke points you can find. This has two benefits. First it lets your tank not get surrounded by too many ogres and secondly it let's you do ranged damage on the Ogre shaman. The ogre shaman makes the other ogres stronger with buffs but most importantly they cast the insect swarm which cannot be resisted.

- Use high attack speed ranged weapons. Chanter's has a chant that increases attack speed with ranged weapons which helps you with landing interrupts more frequently.

- Use both priest debuffs on the ogres and buffs on your party. It makes all the difference if you can time this right.

- Use summons to distract.

It may be that you're not having trouble with the Ogre fighters so much as the occasional Ogre Druid. Those guys are meat grinders.

What?  Ain't nothing wrong with everybody sick while swatting at flies.  Five of my party members taking 95 raw damage over 25 seconds was enough to convince me I had to come back later to deal with these guys.  That was when I was level 4 on hard mode.  No bueno!

Tanking in PoE = Stack Deflection.  

120 deflect level 5 warrior, no problems with ogres. 

120 deflection on a level 5 fighter?

How? <.<;

120 deflection by level 5 does sound a little bonkers

I'd imagine it would have to revolve around talents

The level 4 wizard Confusion spell (or whatever it's called in PoE) is quite useful.  Zap a mob of enemies and maybe they'll all start attacking each other.  If you zap a mob of 3, have two of them attack the 3rd, and have the rest of your party focus down on that same target.

Also, make killing orge spellcasters a top priority.

A relatively easy to deal with ogres and some other strong opponents is to get a Cipher on the group and then use the level 2 Cipher power Mental Binding to hold the Ogre while your casters do their worst at him. Maybe use the time to cast some additional traps or debuffs on the ogre, or buffs on the tank or equip everyone with firearms and do a salvo. Then retreat and repeat a few times :p

Edited by catmorbid

Its extremely easy, because they aren't really that fast.  The area they are in has alot of corners.  So with that being said, you can mow them down 1 by 1 if you use a rogue with a bow.  

The trick is to find the distance in which they will turn back from you (typically near corners).  This also means you can't be near them, and want to be on the edge of your field of vision (meaning you can just barely see them).  If your party can handle 1 ogre at a time, you can also use this method for pulling them back to your party.  I did this with the boss, due to the annoying Ogre druid.

You can do this with any class, but I prefer rogue for the blinding/crippling strike.  Once you get Deep wounds, most mobs die extremely fast with this method.  So its basically hit and run, until they die.  If you let them leave battle though, they will heal up.  The more movement speed/attack speed you have, the more viable this becomes. (fast runner for instance)

Its extremely easy, because they aren't really that fast.  The area they are in has alot of corners.  So with that being said, you can mow them down 1 by 1 if you use a rogue with a bow.  

The trick is to find the distance in which they will turn back from you (typically near corners).  This also means you can't be near them, and want to be on the edge of your field of vision (meaning you can just barely see them).  If your party can handle 1 ogre at a time, you can also use this method for pulling them back to your party.  I did this with the boss, due to the annoying Ogre druid.

You can do this with any class, but I prefer rogue for the blinding/crippling strike.  Once you get Deep wounds, most mobs die extremely fast with this method.  So its basically hit and run, until they die.  If you let them leave battle though, they will heal up.  The more movement speed/attack speed you have, the more viable this becomes. (fast runner for instance)

I do not approve of such beardiness! 

Like other people have said, make those spell casters top priority.  Get a tank with high deflect to fight off the melee ogres, keep your other people away as they have an AoE knockdown attack, and try to focus down those druids while keeping them paralyzed or stun.  A cipher helps a lot with this!