Bewildering Spectacle (Wizard Spell) Makes Enemies 100% Friendly\Party Member for the Duration

Not sure if I am supposed to post this here.

I just feel like this kind of spell(and any other spells that do something like a confusion effect) are simply not as good as they should be because they make enemies literally friendlies during the duration of the spell. If you cast heal, you heal them. If you cast a "Enemy Only" spell, it doesn't affect them. Not sure if this was intended.

A very small gripe. However, it was one of my favorite spells in BG.

I agree, side flipping mechanics are BS, they made a cheap implementation with simple join party\leave party system, instead of implementing proper class of out of control characters.

Charmed enemy gets immediate benefits of your party auras, heals, and gets immunity on yellow AOE zones, while i just want to make him jump off the nearest cliff instead of this.

And it didn't come to your mind that that might be ... well ... a balancing decision?

Think of it as synergies between moves in card games: get creative and use it to your advantage. If anything, it would be a missed opportunity if I was not able to interact with charmed enemies in the same way as I can with player characters.

And it didn't come to your mind that that might be ... well ... a balancing decision?

Think of it as synergies between moves in card games: get creative and use it to your advantage. If anything, it would be a missed opportunity if I was not able to interact with charmed enemies in the same way as I can with player characters.

I think it would be good to know for sure from the devs whether this is a balancing decision. It absolutely could be, as you say.

It's also worth noting that, as with party members, you can click the sword icon and force attacks on these "friendlies" (as I found out to my detriment when I accidentally ordered Eder to knock down Aloth!).

I think it's great. I often use it on enemies that heal/buff their allies, so once they are friendlies, I get all the bonuses from them. 

And with so many friendly fire spells it should be no problem to kill them all off, too.

It's still a really strong spell, for being foe AoE and only level 2. You can even beat up on the charmed characters with your party and they still won't switch back until the duration runs out.

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

As you could see in my original post("Not sure if this was intended."), I did consider it being a balance decision. In a way, by making the spell(s) the way they did, it's less stronger but also less intuitive. I don't think there is nothing wrong with that if it was intended.

Also, as a slightly unrelated criticism, spells like consecrated ground should tell you the current time left of the spell while it's active. Right now, consecrated ground only tells how much time is left for the HEAL received from the spell and not how long the actual spell itself will continue.

I would like to say again, these things are not really big deals. Just small little details that might add to a polish a very small amount.