Why don't the developers use this forum?

I saw several links to reddit or other pages where devs answared. But I can't seam to find many posts of them here.

I know many people love "social networks" or "universial pages" like reddit ... but I still strongly belive the MAIN sourc for information about a product (like this game) should be the MAIN-Page of the product ... which are http://eternity.obsidian.net/ + http://forums.obsidian.net/forum/87-pillars-of-eternity/ . NOT reddit!

would you want to publicly be on the forum for a game you produced after release with how hateful and entitled people are now a days?

Yup, especially right after release, I wouldn't want to wade into this lake of poison and spite ;)

That being said, they occasionally post. And I'm sure they read everything.

• Like 1

Devs come here from time to time, some more than others, and some not at all. But what's important is, that they read our discussions and debate them amongst themselves. They're not absent, they're just observing like the true Obsidian overlords they are.

Edited by TheisEjsing
  • Like 2

There is a lot of important information locked in the SA forums. That is what gets up my nose the most. Want to understand how combat in PoE works ? better either ask someone with SA access. I would like to know how combat in the game works via the game itself of course. Its one of my biggest criticisms about the game actually. Failing that the official forums should have all of the info. Not Something Awful. 

• Like 2

There is a lot of important information locked in the SA forums. That is what gets up my nose the most. Want to understand how combat in PoE works ? better either ask someone with SA access. I would like to know how combat in the game works via the game itself of course. Its one of my biggest criticisms about the game actually. Failing that the official forums should have all of the info. Not Something Awful. 

Never heard of SA forums.

And there are plenty of knowledgable chaps who played the beta on this forum.

Thanks, both links provide a better overview of dev posts :).

But both too miss the informations from Reddit as example (and any other source which I hard-refuse to use like facebook, twitter). It feels so damn unconfortable if I need to wast hours of hours searching the hole damn www. if I could just visit the product page and forum :(.

TL;TR: not custumer friendly

Devs come here from time to time, some more than others, and some not at all. But what's important is, that they read our discussions and debate them amongst themselves. They're not absent, they're just observing like the true Obsidian overlords they are.

Sorry, but I am the one true Obsidian overlord.

<---- title.

I've generally found game specific subreddits(as opposed to /r/gaming/ ) to be much friendlier and more knowledgeable communities than the official forums for most games.  Probably because people that hate the game and just want to complain/troll only go to the official forums.  On Reddit, the trolls tend to get downvoted into obscurity.

What timezone are the Devs located at? This might explain some of the delays in replying? I work for a UK-based games developer and we often get customers from the US complaining we haven't answered a question that they posted 8 hours ago, despite the fact that we would have been asleep at the time...

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

What timezone are the Devs located at? This might explain some of the delays in replying? I work for a UK-based games developer and we often get customers from the US complaining we haven't answered a question that they posted 8 hours ago, despite the fact that we would have been asleep at the time...

Southern California so currently PDT

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Never heard of SA forums.

And there are plenty of knowledgable chaps who played the beta on this forum.

Yeah the people who do know the game in there forums are the only reason I can make somewhat informed in game choices. I would really really like to just be able to straight up read some charts and proper explanation by dev type posts which explain stuff like attack speed. I guess on the flipside though it does feel like the combat in the game isnt quite finished with the balancing so maybe they are just holding off on official explanations until things are less subject to change. 

would you want to publicly be on the forum for a game you produced after release with how hateful and entitled people are now a days?

People have always had strong opinions, we always talk about "How it is getting worse", news flash people in the year 1000 though it was all going downhill to.

I agree overall, why post at Reddit when you can post here? Or at least post to both. This is your official site. They are far from alone in this and I've never really understood, nor has anyone ever given an explanation, let alone a good one.