Accuracy 1 and Accuracy?

Let me see if I can phrase it better. Accuracy 1 is an enchantment. Enchantments are a group of passive abilities that you can add to any weapon, regardless of what the weapon is.. Accuracy however, is a weapon property. Each weapon has one property, depending on the weapon. As an example, I could enchant any weapon I want with Accuracy 1. Accuracy cannot be added to any weapon however, as it is an innate ability of some weapons (such as spears). You could enchant an Accurate weapon with the Accuracy 1 enchantment, and the benefits would stack. Basically, the properties have different names, even though they do the same thing, because they're in different categories. Hope that helps.

Pretty much what ICN said. All weapons have some kind of benefit like longer reach, +accuracy, DT ignoring, +deflection, higher base damage, better of 2 damage types, more crit damage etc. That "Accuracy" is such. Accuracy 1 on the other hand is an enchantment, just like Accuracy 2 or Fine, or Superb or whatever else falls into the quality enchantments category. You can find Accuracy on spears and daggers I believe, but you will never see it on lets say a sword (which has slash/pierce).

Let me see if I can phrase it better. Accuracy 1 is an enchantment. Enchantments are a group of passive abilities that you can add to any weapon, regardless of what the weapon is.. Accuracy however, is a weapon property. Each weapon has one property, depending on the weapon. As an example, I could enchant any weapon I want with Accuracy 1. Accuracy cannot be added to any weapon however, as it is an innate ability of some weapons (such as spears). You could enchant an Accurate weapon with the Accuracy 1 enchantment, and the benefits would stack. Basically, the properties have different names, even though they do the same thing, because they're in different categories. Hope that helps.

OK I understand now, what you are saying...............but both Accuracy and Accuracy 1 are showing up as weapon properties. I mean when i hover my mouse over the spear in the description tooltip it says *Properties: Accuracy* and when I hover mouse over my Rapeir it says *Properties: Accuracy 1*, so they are both appearing as properties, it does not shows Accuracy 1 as enchantment.

But I understand what you are trying to tell me, that is, Accuracy 1 is an enchantment and can be added or overwritten but Accuracy is the inherent quality in the make of the weapon and it cannot be added or overwritten.

OK I understand now, what you are saying...............but both Accuracy and Accuracy 1 are showing up as weapon properties. I mean when i hover my mouse over the spear in the description tooltip it says *Properties: Accuracy* and when I hover mouse over my Rapeir it says *Properties: Accuracy 1*, so they are both appearing as properties, it does not shows Accuracy 1 as enchantment.

But I understand what you are trying to tell me, that is, Accuracy 1 is an enchantment and can be added or overwritten but Accuracy is the inherent quality in the make of the weapon and it cannot be added or overwritten.

Ah, my mistake. Just noticed that the Rapier is indeed different from the others. My guess would be that it's a typo,

Not so much a typo as a bug.  Mundane daggers have the Accuracy property to reflect that they are more accurate.  You can add Accuracy enchantments to the item as well, and the effects stack.  Mundane rapiers currently have the Accuracy 1 enchantment.  Instead they should have the Accuracy property, like daggers do, so that they can also be enchanted to further increase their accuracy.  It doesn't make any sense that your mundane rapier can't benefit from an Accuracy enchantment.

Rapier.jpg

Edited by Emptiness
  • Like 1