Well I beat the audra dragon....

But I had to bug it to win.  I killed the two caster adds in the back, which puts you in combat but doesnt aggro anything.  Then I AoE'd the xuatips till they ran to me but the boss doesn't move.  Once all the adds were dead i summoned a single mob to trigger the Dragon's aoe stomp? i dunno it apparently ignores armor, then followed it up with more summons to eat the breath. Finally I could send my characters in and buffed up my tanks with every cleric spell possible.  I summoned more guys using my chanter and had my druid just spam Raw spells on him as i watched my tanks get 2 shot through every buff.  He turned to the summons instead of my characters and finally was able to whittle him down with grazes. He died.

Summary: This boss is TOTAL BULLONEY.  Imagine Firkragg with undisspellable Stoneskin, surrounded by Dire Charm spamming adds, one shotting anything he looks at, and if you aren't in melee range he drops a nuke. 

Adra Dragon is important.

He's more or less only beatable by cheesing or bugging the game.  But people will at times claim the beat him legit, when they almost always actually fit the cheesing definition as well.  Their reactions (and the very fact they made the claim) often helps discern fools from true heroes.

Adra Dragon is an important landmark in videogame history.  

He's more or less only beatable by cheesing or bugging the game.  But people will at times claim the beat him legit, when they almost always actually fit the cheesing definition as well.  Their reactions (and the very fact they made the claim) often helps discern fools from true heroes.

What does cheesing mean? I tanked it with one fighter and rest of my party surrounded it from all sides and hacked away, because my characters were surrounding it, only one got hit at a time. Tank needed 5 major endurance potions to keep alive. Only 2 other characters were hit and both stayed alive barely.

What does cheesing mean? I tanked it with one fighter and rest of my party surrounded it from all sides and hacked away, because my characters were surrounding it, only one got hit at a time. Tank needed 5 major endurance potions to keep alive. Only 2 other characters were hit and both stayed alive barely.

How? I put every max endurance piece of gear I had on my Paladin tank, then buffed him with the +50 endur potion and he STILL was one shot by the crush or the breath.

I don't know about chessing but Adra Dragon in my fight was moping the floor all the time because of all the Slickens and other prone inducing abilties\spells my party bombarded her with. I think Obsidian's gonna nerf those, they're just too op.

Edited by Aramintai

How? I put every max endurance piece of gear I had on my Paladin tank, then buffed him with the +50 endur potion and he STILL was one shot by the crush or the breath.

Mine took about 60-70% damage and i immediately healed with potion + durance. My Eder has 250 endurance, the breath did something like 180-200 damage i think. Defences around 100 each, deflection highest with 115. 15DR with corrode. Base DR 12. The buffs might have helped too, i buffed him with Durances spells every now and then.

Edited by muhvi

Mine took about 60-70% damage and i immediately healed with potion + durance. My Eder has 250 endurance, the breath did something like 180-200 damage i think. Defences around 100 each, deflection highest with 115. 15DR with corrode. Base DR 12. The buffs might have helped too, i buffed him with Durances spells every now and then.

How did you heal when your tank spends the fight on their ass between its attacks?

I beat the dragon legit on Easy, but boy was it close. The only person that was still standing at the end was Aloth with 3 endurance and no spells left. This was after three prior unsuccessful attempts. It's certainly a brutal fight, but I promise it is winnable (on Easy, anyway).

I uh... I used scrolls of paralyze and maelstrom.

Paralyze -> Maelstrom (since it knocks the dragons' reflexes down to 17), thus all crits from maelstrom.

Really, this combination is the ultimate cheese. Scrolls of paralyze are obscenely op.

Well technically you *can* still fight the Adra Dragon after convincing her not to fight you, followed by not doing what she asks. You get a neat little unique ability to break her largeass armor. You'd just have to aggro her manually then.

Edited by Theorycrafter

How did you heal when your tank spends the fight on their ass between its attacks?

Tank got on its ass few times but then i used Durance, and 99% of the time tank was drinking potions or trying to. Edar also had some boots that helped with knockdown defence.

Edited by muhvi

My apologies then.  It seems you fought em tooth and nail, and came out as the last man standing.  Cheesing would just be folks getting it caught in terrain etc to kill it.

Also my original comment was more of a joke than anything, didnt mean any offense :p