Socks in Pillars of Eternity and what they will mean for Wizards

A future update to PoE will add much-demanded socks to the game.

This is all well and good, but I fear the developers will take the easy route and implement only one sock slot, to hold a matched pair of socks.

This is twisted and ugly. Mismatched socks are a classic fantasy Renaissance staple and to have PoE reject this and force us into some matched socks dream world cyberpunk utopia is an absolutely bizarre and reprehensible design decision. This is 2015 Obsidian!

We need two or even three sock slots, for maximal sock configuration. And honestly, if this is not extended to a full-fledged sock set system, it may destroy the effectiveness and utility of Wizards in the game. Wizards need to mix and match socks fast, Wizards need to match and mix socks hard, and single sock style better not be left in the dust. Not everyone can afford two socks in every pair.

I've datamined some of the unique sock pairs and they are lacking beyond not having single equivalents. Abyson's Pleated Returning Iron Longstockings clip weirdly on Aumauan feet and have fire and shock resistances that really make the third part of that cave unbearably trivial. Fire-Outlined Orlan Legwarming Slipsocks have a Stealth bonus penalty that makes no sense, and accumulate odors that attract entirely the wrong kind of ogre.

If this is not addressed promptly I shall be forced into an awkward predicament and nobody wants that. Especially when Wizards are in play.

• Like 7

--/\/

Think about the possibility of crafting! You can add two different socks with different effects to create your ultimate pair and that way you can still play with one slot!

furthermore ,the game will have another meaningful decision to make!

It reminds me of the lich in Watcher Keep in BG2 TOB ,he was very angry and attacked you unless you gave him his slippers so his legs won't get cold while he sleeps.

troll.gifseatroll.gificetroll.giftroll.gif

An ex-biophysicist but currently Studying Schwarzschild singularities' black holes' Hawking radiation using LAZORS and hypersonic sound wave models.

My main objective is to use my results to take over the world!

I am getting increasingly frustrated at the singular lack of tailors, milliners, hosiers, and haberdashers in the game. I am forced to march around wearing smelly armor if I do not wish to look like a peasant. Yet I encounter numerous impeccably attired gentlemen on promenade on the boulevards of Defiance Bay. Do these provincials all have private tailors whose identity they refuse to divulge to me?

This is outrageous. Outrageous, I say! I demand the duc of Dyrwood send for a contingent of Vailian tailors to establish themselves in Defiance Bay immediately! The fashion-conscious will not be denied!

• Like 3

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Cyberpunk utopia? What the hell are you on about? It'll be a regular utopia. Everyone knows cyberpunk tends to have wild and unusual clothing and colours, so mismatched socks would fit better than matched ones. Regardless I, for one, welcome the single sock slot with its matched pairs. Symmetry is the way to go. Symmetry is order. Symmetry fosters peace. Your desire for mismatching sock pairs would cause anarchy, zombie plagues and war.

Edited by Silverstar
  • Like 2

I am getting increasingly frustrated at the singular lack of tailors, milliners, hosiers, and haberdashers in the game. I am forced to march around wearing smelly armor if I do not wish to look like a peasant. Yet I encounter numerous impeccably attired gentlemen on promenade on the boulevards of Defiance Bay. Do these provincials all have private tailors whose identity they refuse to divulge to me?This is outrageous. Outrageous, I say! I demand the duc of Dyrwood send for a contingent of Vailian tailors to establish themselves in Defiance Bay immediately! The fashion-conscious will not be denied!

Just wait until some time later when I'm on my PC again and can post my pretty lady priest. Lovely feather hat and lovely defiance bay robes looted from killing those supporters.