viewport not centred on party after area transition

Bohuntin

Question

When my party transitions to a new area, the view is sometimes far from the party instead of centred on it.

For example, after exiting the Temple of Eothas in Gilded Vale, the view is usually in front of the Inn instead of on the party. I think it started after I had been in the Inn and come out, but in this case seems to have persisted across several load/save/exit(s). I have seen the same when exiting the Mill (view over by the Inn).

It seems like when the view is not on the party it is always in the lower left of the map, but I'm not convinced that is meaningful.

Bohuntin

Linux: Fedora 21, 64 bit,  AMD Phenom II CPU, NVidia GTX 750Ti, got game from GoG

2 answers to this question

I have been playing some more and the pattern seems to be that the viewport slowly moves south (down) and west (left) until it reaches the  edge of the map (not always the extreme left, but always the bottom). It seems pretty consistent when returning to an area (eg town where you enter and exit various buildings, but also happens in new areas.

Quick fix : bring up map (M) and move the view over to the party (drag or click near party)