"Loading Save Games" - Actually takes longer than loading save games.

Luckmann

Question

When I launch the game, the game needs at least several minutes to just read in the save games, before I can even attempt to load them. Then when I load them, it's actually much faster.

What is the game even doing when it's loading up those save games? It shouldn't even be reading save games that I'm not specifically telling it to load.

It's taking longer to "Loading Save Games" than it takes to launch the game or actually loading save games.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

7 answers to this question

Yeah...been having this issue myself for a couple of days now. I tend to save a lot, so very noticable. Probably takes 2-3 minutes at the start screen looking at "loading save games" before i can actually load any save games, heh.

Actually loading any save game is fast after that, its just that it seems to want to cache\read all the savegames you have for some reason.

Yes i could delete some saves, but gah.

You might have the bug with the corrupt save files storing too much temporary data (like traps, etc.), bloating up the filesize for your saves.

A normal PoE save should be around a megabyte. Check your savegame files if they are significantly larger!

When I get home on Monday/Tuesday, I'll check.

You can also delete some saves if you have a lot of them.

**** no. I want my save games for a reason, otherwise I'd just be one of those muppets that depends on a single quicksave.

That said, it's absolutely awful that we can't name saves.

t50aJUd.jpg

Hi roby, thank you for the fix. In case if its possible, would you mind telling us a manual way of improving the loading speed at start up.

I deleted most of my savegames, checked POE savegame folder and disabled syncronization with Steam account, but its still very slow. (I have a 256gb samsung ssd and 16 GB RAM so it should be instant).

Thanks.