MLB 2015

kgambit

Donnie Baseball got canned. No surprise there.

Bummer, I enjoyed watching Bochy outmanage him for all these years.   :(

Still might have the chance 9-12 games a season. The Marlins are all over him.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

All the way to next season!!!

:lol:  You must be happy as can be right now. Being a Mets fan has been a particularly miserable experience these last 10 or so years. A return to prominence must be sweet.

I was pulling for the Cubs, Royals, or Jays to win it all because all three have Tampa Bay connections.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm a Jays fan but  I'm iffy on them right now b/c a) they traded my fave player for an overrated punk (even thoguh he got a timely hit yesterday) and their coach is pure ****.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm a Jays fan but  I'm iffy on them right now b/c a) they traded my fave player for an overrated punk (even thoguh he got a timely hit yesterday) and their coach is pure ****.

I stand corrected then. I thought you were a Mets fan. Although you play devil's advocate so often sometimes it's hard to tell who the real Volo is! :lol:

Thomas Sowell

I'm a Jays fan but I'm iffy on them right now b/c a) they traded my fave player for an overrated punk (even thoguh he got a timely hit yesterday) and their coach is pure ****.

I stand corrected then. I thought you were a Mets fan. Although you play devil's advocate so often sometimes it's hard to tell who the real Volo is! :lol:

Same here. This is the first I've ever heard of Volo supporting a team from Kaneda.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

So far the game has been a nail biter. Right up to the rain delay at least.

Is it me or is Pete Rose just embarrassing himself in the FSN studio tonight?

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Going into the 9th. 4-3 Royals. The next 3 outs are going to be intense.

Thomas Sowell

Mets at Royals, Tuesday night. Go Royals.

BTW did you guys see Marlins Man behind home plate again?

Thomas Sowell

I was at a Royals game this summer completely decked out in my A's gear. Never once did I get harassed or taunted, which, in hindsight was pretty lame. Still, I got around to having a nice 20 minute chat with an 80 year old usher who was around for the Kansas City A's. Good enough reason for me go for the Royals.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

I forgot the A's were once in KC. And Philadelphia too. I'm pulling for the Royals because the have two former Rays on the roster. But I'm really more interested in seeing a good series than in who wins it. The ALCS certainly didn't disappoint. The NLCS was pretty one sided.

Thomas Sowell

Some titbits of news today before game 1. Torii Hunter is retiring after 19 years. Don Mattingly is going to be the next Manager of the Miami Marlins. Good f-----g luck with that. And here is something I didn't know, the World Series tonight will be the first one... ever... not have at least one of the original teams when the NL & AL first organized together in 1903. The Royals joined the AL in 1961, the Mets in 1967 (I think). 

Thomas Sowell

Did you get your new TV, GD ... not a bad way to break it in, a five-hour World Series game. 

Also, who is that commentator guy with a bow tie, he looks like a bookie my dead uncle used to have. 

Yep I got a 55" Sony 4k. I just finished the wall mount when they were doing the National Anthem. And it was a heck of a way to break it in. I watched every inning.

Oh and your uncle's bookie, that was none other than Pete Rose :lol:

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

The Empire struck back tonight. Big win by the Mets who finally figured out what the bat was for.

Thomas Sowell

Game 4 starts in 3 hours. Excited anyone? Yeah, me neither. But I am interested though.

Thomas Sowell

Actually I'm interested. Since learning my football team is about to be euthanized, I wanted to know if I can channel the feeling of perpetual disappointment into being a Padres fan instead. I haven't been to a game since they played at Qualcomm and Trevor Hoffman was the franchise ... but I've seen inside Petco Park from high up in downtown ... it's pretty cool.    

edit: oopsey, yep, this is the right sport to jump the heartbreak ship ... two consecutive errors by the same guy, giving up three runs in one inning, blowing the whole series. I'm home, baseball. 

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

So, was Murphy's error in the 8th the "Bill Buckner" moment of this series?

Thomas Sowell

I always found the concept of praying over sports to be odd. If both teams are praying who does God listen to? I actually I think God probably figures He's get bigger things to worry about than who wind the World Series.

Thomas Sowell

Huge reason why I don't agree with Calvinism and am not big on St. Augustine. Predestination in baseball -like strikeouts - is fascist.

St. Thomas Aquinas on the other hand leaves it open for baseball players to excercise free will and are responsible for their own action whilst still following God's master plan.

Edited by Leferd