MLB 2015

kgambit

I hope Willy Adames doesn't flame out in the minors. Because if he does then the Rays traded David Price for Drew Smyly straight up and that would be the biggest rip off since Boston traded the Babe.  Nick Franklin is a total waste of time.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Alright, it's rant time now. Bear with me but I'm so disgusted I just can't help is. Last night in Baltimore the Rays go into the 7th inning up 1-0. Nate Karnes is just dealing! He'd thrown 77 pitches, allowed 1 hit and struck out 11. They couldn't touch him. And what does our idiotic rookie manager do? Pulls him out for Kevin Jepsen. Kevin f-----g Jepsen! This SOB has yet to be handed a lead he couldn't choke on. True to form he gives up two hits, a walk and a run leaving the game tied 1-1 in the top of the 9th.

Now the Rays get the bases loaded with no outs. LOADED WITH NO OUTS! And the end result is two strikeouts (and weak ones at that) and a weak pop fly. They lost on a walk off in the bottom of the 9th of course. Because such utter incompetence should never be rewarded with a victory.

It's enough to make you SICK. Why the HELL did Cash pull Karnes in the 7th? Why the HELL didn't he send a lefty in with the bases loaded in the 9th? WTF?

I've already burned up their facebook page. And I wasn't alone there.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

D-Backs send Trumbo & spare parts to M's for more spare parts: http://m.mlb.com/news/article/128423248/mariners-get-mark-trumbo-vidal-nuno-in-6-player-deal

Thomas Sowell

• 3 weeks later...

It's weird to me that people that guys that struggle with other addictions are treated so differently.  He was a classic compulsive gambler.  He was also way too competitive to ever gamble against himself.

Now if he ever bet against his own team, or did anything like points shaving, I'd be quicker to condemn him. 

I'm a degenerate gambler. But I never bet on myself or against my team or anything where there would be a conflict with my rooting interest.

Though there's no direct evidence linking Rose on betting against his team i.e. the 1919 Black Sox...that he was hundreds of thousands in debt --with the Mob, is not an insignificant factoid.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Had no idea there was a U.S. Postal Inspection Service capable of raiding domiciles. USPS SWAT WHAT

Interesting lame(?) factoid: The U.S. Postal Inspection Service is the oldest national/federal law enforcement agency --founded by Ben Franklin in 1772, and were the first "Special Agents."

R.I.P. Darryl Hamilton. A good hitter. He got me a clutch, walk off single in extra innings one time when playing Tony LaRussa Baseball on the Genesis heads up against my brother.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/13130327/former-major-leaguer-darryl-hamilton-killed-murder-suicide-police-say

Edited by Leferd

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

• 4 weeks later...

Harry Doyle / Bob Eucker bobblehead

"Haywood swings and crushes this one toward South America. Tomlinson is gonna need a visa to catch this one, it is out of here, and there is nothing left but a vapor trail."

harry-doyle-bobble.jpg?w=555&h=910

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to point out Bumgarner, who shut out the Nats two games ago and hit a double and a long bomb, got to pinch hit tonight in the 7th inning.  This was against the top team in the national league, the Cards, and he went up, got a hit, and scored a run.  Giants win 2-0.

They might just need to name the Silver Slugger award after him if he keeps this up.

Rays & A's tied at 2 in the 6th. I've got the game on my XM radio now.

Thomas Sowell

• 2 weeks later...

Here are my predictions:

World Series: Tigers defeat the Nationals in 6

AL East:

1. Baltimore: Only team that did not get a complete upheaval or lose a major piece to injury
  2. Toronto: Decent pitching, good hitting and a weak division means a wild card game north of the border.
  3. Boston: They will make some noise but pitching depth will be a hindrance
  4. New York: Could easily finish 3rd but won't factor in the pennant race. Every position is either too old or too young.
  5. Tampa Bay: Gonna be a long year. My team was dead last in runs scored last year and nothing changed to improve that. Lot of other changes though.

AL Central:

1. Detroit: Offense? Check! Pitching? Check (1-4 in the rotation at least. 5 is iffy). Consistency in the clubhouse? Check. They are going all the way.
  2. Cleveland: Cluber leads a solid staff. But I'm not sold on the Tribe. Finishing second depends on what KC & the White Sox do more than what the Indians do.
  3. Kansas City: The team is more or less intact minus two key pieces from the World Series team. They can easily work their way into a WC game,
  4. Chicago: You have got to love this teams future. Sale is a Cy Young candidate and the line up is full of young talent. If they put it all together the can be a factor. But there will be growing pains. Next year is more likely.
  5. Twins: Can you name one player on this team not named Joe Mauer? Me neither.

AL West:

1. Los Angeles: The Angels are loaded in talent again. As they are every year but never seem to put it all together. But this year their division is in shambles.
  2. Seattle: They would be good in any division but with 19 games against the Astros, Rangers, & A's, a WC is not out of the question.
  3. Oakland: Leferd's boys had a disappointing end to 2014 and only went backwards during the offseason.
  4. Houston: Getting better, but will still battle the Rangers for "Worst Team In Texas"
  5. Texas: What a mess

NL East:

1. You know, I've picked them every year for the last three years and they have screwed me every time! No this year. They are going all the way. To Detroit anyway.
  2. Miami: Once again the Marlins have mortgaged their future for today. A good chunk of their farm system has been traded away. Lets see if it was worth it.
  3. New York: They were looking a lot better until Wheeler tore his UCL. They have the makings of a good club but are still a year away.
  4. Philadelphia: an object lesson in the folly of big contracts to old players.
  5. Atlanta: Even their GM is admitting this season is a throwaway.

NL Central:

1. Cardinals: This is the best division in baseball this year. And the Cards should be the best team in that division.
  2. Pirates: Still a one man show bur good enough to keep pressure on the Cardinals
  3. Cubs: New manager, same roster problems. Yeah they got Lester but they also have Edwin Jackson. But the future is bright and they will make noise.
  4. Milwaukee: Did they even sign anyone this off season? They will win 81 games and might come in third, but not much more. 
  5. Cincinnati: Now here is a big bowl of vanilla pudding.

NL West:

1. San Diego: The new-look and loaded Padres will either win big or implode. I'm glad I don't have money on this pick.
  2. Los Angeles: If the Padres stumble they will be good enough to win.
  3. San Francisco: Sorry Hurlshot, it's an odd number year. they won't suck though.
  4. Arizona: Some new arms on the mound this year, but no new bats to compliment them.
  5. Colorado: Let's see. They have Tulowitzki, Gonzalez, and....

I got the NL Central right. Totally screwed the pooch on the rest though.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

How big was the Cespedes trade for the Mets? The just swept the Nats and all but locked up the NL East with a seven game lead. Volo should be pretty happy about that.

Thomas Sowell

More like shocked. L0L  Even when they had their 10 game win streak earlier in season I had basically written them off since they have sucked fior seasons. :p Everything working out. Impressive.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

:lol:  Mets fans are like abused dogs. They've been whipped so many times they have begun to expect it!

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

• 2 weeks later...

Yogi Berra passed away last night. "It ain't over till it's over" Now it's over RIP.

Thomas Sowell

Very sad about Yogi Berra, he was quite a character.

The Giants have a .4% chance of making the postseason, but isn't stopping them from making it exciting.  The Dodgers have lost 4 in a row and the Giants are winning games with a bunch of minor league call ups.   :thumbsup:

The Cubs backed into the playoffs today thanks to the A's knocking the Giants out today. With the Rays out and the Marlins eliminated in June I'm pulling for the Cubs and Blue Jays the rest of the way.

Thomas Sowell

The Giants are officially out.   :(

It was a crazy fun season though, so I'm not too bummed.  They kept it interesting, I got to see pitchers hit home runs, rookies bat .300, and more grand slams than they've ever hit before.

It's an odd year. You had to know going on SF had no shot. But have no fear, next year ends in an even number.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell