Plague of insects bug

Trius

Question

I was fighting some Ogres and my party was hits by this spell. Now that the fights over it wont go away. I've gone all the way back to my stronghold and rested numerous times and still I have some party members (including the PC so I can just switch everyone out and in to get rid of it). I figure this can't be intended. Is there any way to fix this or do I have to revert to an old save?

Edit: It was a tough fight so I saved right after it and now I see that my last save before this was hours ago

Edited by Trius

13 answers to this question

Reload the autosave does not solve the problem, the effects of the spell are still present (without name) at the beginning of the list of active effects on the character.

Here's the screenshot:

bjsvEIx.jpg?1

Finish another fight with a priests "Suppress" spell going.  Think it's tier 3 or 4.  After that, full save a new game then completely exit the game, and load again.  Animations/damage should be gone, but will show a "suppressed" (not currently active) debuff on your character sheet. 

Worked for me at least

• Like 2

Finish another fight with a priests "Suppress" spell going.  Think it's tier 3 or 4.  After that, full save a new game then completely exit the game, and load again.  Animations/damage should be gone, but will show a "suppressed" (not currently active) debuff on your character sheet. 

Worked for me at least

Level 2 Priest Spell Suppress Affliction works like a charm. Thank you!

Suppress_affliction_icon.jpg?version=937

Cail The Silent- The drake coils its body protectively around something. "One day I will become a burning thing. Bright and terrible like my spark."
Quest "Cinders of Faith"

Sagani- Sagani chuckles. "Nothing against these stuffy forests, but you haven't seen the southern lights over Naasitaq."
Quest "The Long Hunt"

Worked for me at least

Thank you very much for this. That bug is a nasty one.

I got the same stupid bug. I got into a fight with some boars just to cast suppress. Now maybe if  the game allowed certain spells to be cast out of combat this wouldnt have been much of an issue. Tsk tsk.

Or you could just attack a random npc to cast it.

Reload the autosave does not solve the problem, the effects of the spell are still present (without name) at the beginning of the list of active effects on the character.

Here's the screenshot:

bjsvEIx.jpg?1

Worked for me at least

Thanks so much, that worked. Although saving and reloading wasn't necessary for me