Crashing when loading zone (Entering "To Temple" [Top of the Castle] from the "Raedric's Hold" map)

Cheezemansam

Question

When trying to go through the Door after collecting the items on the roof of the Castle, the game starts loading, and shows the loading graphic, but then goes black and stops responding. I had already loaded the area (since i had to go through it to get to the roof), so the issue seems to be with this particular door. 

5 answers to this question

I've been getting this constantly and on other maps as well. You can open your save file in 7zip and delete those corresponding .fog and .lvl files for a quick fix. However that will reset progress and fog of war there. I've been gotten it 3 times, just now in copperlane so I'm looking for a more longterm fix.

I've been getting this every time I try to leave the interior of Raedric's Keep, regardless of level or exit choice. It started occurring when I tried to exit to the bailey through the dungeon and now every time I try to leave, all I get is a black screen, with either a no access cursor or occasionally a movement cursoer. There is no load screen at all for me. Will deleting the files help resolve this?

This is a known bug when transitioning to certain areas in Raedric's Keep. Only workaround that I know of is to use the console to trasport your party away from the Keep but this disables any further achievements as it is seen as cheating.

I'm having this same issue. All other parts of the game run fine but it ran great for 4 days and now it has started doing this. It's a game breaker for me. I would say the lights at Obsidian are burning far into the night trying to fix all the bugs. This is not a detrimental criticism as I'm so pleased an organisation had the stones and support to make what appears to be a classic. I'll come back after the game has matured a little more.

Jon