Will the vendors i visited start selling nicer stuff as I level up?  Or, do they only sell at the level you met them first... meaning if I don't visit them at early levels, they will sell endgame loot if I level up first before meeting them?  Or is everything just static?

I believe most things are static - enemy levels, loot levels, etc. It's old-fashioned - the areas progress in difficulty and rewards as you go, and you can easily wander into somewhere too powerful for you if you're not careful.

I love it. :)

cool, does this apply to stronghold shops too?

That's what I'm curious about. As it is, they kind of suck.

yep ... stronghold shops are really bad :( not even 2 camping sets .... them should be the better shops in the game :(

Edited by Arctic

Do remember that you can still enchant unique gear that you find. Stuff that you can find earlier can actually be the best equipment in the game if you keep it and upgrade it, some of the early gear has really nice unique enchants.

not really .. you cant use 80% of the enchantments ... just the basic ones .. not the good ones ... (draining, second chance, the phrone crits ... ) if you could enchant as you want you will be right , but thats not the case.

Do remember that you can still enchant unique gear that you find. Stuff that you can find earlier can actually be the best equipment in the game if you keep it and upgrade it, some of the early gear has really nice unique enchants.

not really .. you cant use 80% of the enchantments ... just the basic ones .. not the good ones ... (draining, second chance, the phrone crits ... ) if you could enchant as you want you will be right , but thats not the case.

That's the point, though. Some of the weapons you can pick up early on have strong/unique enchantments that make them worth keeping since you can upgrade or add standard enchantments to them later.