Raedrics Keep Key Bug

Oekie

Question

Hi,

I'm in Raedrics Keep and I talked to Nedmar and he gaves me a main key for the castle with it I can enter the throne hall.

But I can't open the door in the main hall or the monk office (same floor like Nedmar).

So I looked in the inventory and I can't finde the key anymore, he disapeart.

In the meantime I killed everyone in the castle and find no other key and I was everywhere except behind the locked doors.

I there a way to get the key again?

Edited by Oekie

3 answers to this question

Oekie, we've tracked down a problem with the disappearing key and will have a fix for that in an upcoming patch.

Yes, there are other ways to get to Raedric.

Spoiler ahead... Have you tried dealing with Osrya in the dungeons of the keep? If she's also, y'know, toast, there may be something in her room that can reveal some new paths for you.

Jorge

Oekie, we've tracked down a problem with the disappearing key and will have a fix for that in an upcoming patch.

Yes, there are other ways to get to Raedric.

Spoiler ahead... Have you tried dealing with Osrya in the dungeons of the keep? If she's also, y'know, toast, there may be something in her room that can reveal some new paths for you.

Jorge

*Facepalm* I just diddn't saw the door in Osryas room, thx for the clue.^^

I have a perhaps related problem - I undertook to take on a quest for Nedmar before getting the key from him (as opposed to using threats/force to get it).  My party then had to leave the area, either on to the battlements near the climbing vine entry point, or those giving access to the yard in the castle's centre.  Every time I try to exit to the battlements, the game crashes (Steam, adequate PC set-up).  Seems like a bug to me, any advice here before I "report an issue"?  I went to bed at that point, insomnia has me up again, I'll explore again for alternative routes - none apparent.

Later:  Okay, I found an internal staircase, attempted to use it, crashed.  As far as I can see I'll have to go to an earlier saved game, before entering the castle, and resume.  But I won't be able to complete this quest.

Edited by Genghis Cunn