Should I wait until the patch fixes said "gamebreaking bugs?"

If you are playing a goody two shoes benevolent type, don't do the quest that starts with a godlike woman called Pallegina saying something to you, it'll end up broken.

Which bug is this? I was playing a generally nice person, but...

Not one who would rush to the defense of someone who knew what they were getting themselves into. Is it a good thing I didn't save the trading company boss?

In terms of completing the quest, yup!  If you try to, it just doesn't update itself and Pallegina disappears.

NEVER WAIT.

You can't appreciate the bug fixes until you've encountered the bugs. Perspective.

You only get to experience something for the first time once. Rushing into an unfinished experience means you'll never get the whole thing.

all so called "game breaking" bugs are solvable atm.

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

I'm occupying myself with frivolities like solo trial of iron runs and such.  My most recent game featured the "Thirteens", a wood elf cipher and his entourage of five identical wood elf rogues (all with 13/13/13/13/13/13, in case you're wondering why the name).  Eventually to be armed with all guns ("Thirteens Gun Choir") but right now the cipher has an arbalest (and a certain pistol that needs to be "reappointed", as it were), one rogue has a fine pistol, and the other rogues all have warbows.  Alas, it's a modicum of tedium when you have five of the same class with the same abilities.  But it's fun to goof around with different things before committing to the long haul.  The patch will serve as a convenient demarcation.

--/\/

If you are playing a goody two shoes benevolent type, don't do the quest that starts with a godlike woman called Pallegina saying something to you, it'll end up broken.

Not one who would rush to the defense of someone who knew what they were getting themselves into. Is it a good thing I didn't save the trading company boss?

In terms of completing the quest, yup!  If you try to, it just doesn't update itself and Pallegina disappears.

funny, it worked for me a few days ago, so the bug seems to not always hit (or i did not meet the "requirements")

funny, it worked for me a few days ago, so the bug seems to not always hit (or i did not meet the "requirements")

Did Verzano die in the fight?  It's only bugged if he survives.

I would wait until this patch comes out.  I had to stop playing as my ranger companion disappeared and no matter what save game I load from, he is gone.  And you cant leave an area unless all of your party is there.. so without the companion, it won't let me leave the area.  Does anyone know if this bug will definitely be fixed in the upcoming patch?

Definitely? Truth be told, not even the developers can answer that. Or else the "gold release" would be free of such bugs like being locked up in Raedric's Keep ... almost funny how some claim that a loading screen crash is a hardware issue rather than a programming mistake. Just accept it that the game can run into fatal conditions depending on how it's been played, ... and how game data have been saved and reloaded.

Once the first patch is released, we'll see. It will be an attempt at fixing some issues, sure ... and we'll continue with the post-release beta-testing. o:)

As for the positive side ... I like what I've seen so far. The 3rd restart with a rogue and "more thinking during combat" had been much easier than my first two attempts, but ... other fans of the game really do need to accept that being affected by crashes and reading about other major bugs causes frustration. No way anyone could talk me into starting the game again before the first patch will be available. I would dislike it too much to run into another game-breaking bug. :shrugz:

Edited by Merina

I've completed the quest successfully, Pallegina rocks btw. Are you sure you've completed all the steps?

Derpdragon of the Obsidian Order

Derpdragons everywhere. I like spears.

No sleep for the Watcher... because he was busy playing Pillars of Eternity instead.

Did Verzano die in the fight?  It's only bugged if he survives.

I did that quest the goody two-shoes way and

Verzano survived

. Still got quest completion and Pallegina.

I played for 50 hours, trying different characters and at last determining on one and nearly done with defiance bay and never encountered a bug, other than what I heard of and avoided(double click equip.) Don't know if there'd be more bugs later but it's surprisingly bug free for an RPG this big.

Edited by Quillon

I mean - the things to avoid are fairly easy (if a bit annoying) for the time being. Just don't save/reload in areas where you recruited companions and don't double click to equip. Other than those and the few bugged items/abilities to avoid, the game is pretty stable.

Don't get me wrong. Those two bugs are ridiculous and should be corrected ASAP. But at least they're avoidable.

Question:  On the Save/Load thing, does this apply to areas where you *can recruit* companions, or areas where you *have recruited* companions? 

I mean - the things to avoid are fairly easy (if a bit annoying) for the time being. Just don't save/reload in areas where you recruited companions and don't double click to equip. Other than those and the few bugged items/abilities to avoid, the game is pretty stable.

Don't get me wrong. Those two bugs are ridiculous and should be corrected ASAP. But at least they're avoidable.

Question:  On the Save/Load thing, does this apply to areas where you *can recruit* companions, or areas where you *have recruited* companions? 

I believe it's if you have recruited the actual companion that is recruited in that area and have him/her in the party. Then will his/her attributes increase a bit. 

Generally I've had no bugs so far either. I did Raedric with no issue at all, Im saving/loading fastly and Im playing as a ranger with no issue. But admittedly, I never double clicked on an item to equip it.

• Like 1

So far, I've not been hit with a single bug I considered "game breaking." I'm not saying there aren't any; I'm saying I've not been hit with them.

Haven't you heard?
It's a battle of words!
the poster bearer cried.

Haven't seen anything gamebreaking but loading times get longer and longer so I've shelved the game till it's fixed. Otherwise I spend ~5 minutes on sleeping in my Stronghold.

Could be cos of auto-saves. Saving's quick at first but later in the game it takes progressively longer.