Bug: Lost Companion Items - Changed Party

Fen(rir)tastic

Question

Hi,

For the first time i removed Aloth from my party so i could use Kana for his story mission. Aloth had 13 lockpicks and 2 statue summoning items and a scroll. When i had Aloth rejoin my party later he didn't have anything that was in his inventory or quick slots. I can't imagine this is working as intended? I can't give anymore detail as to the sequence of events that lead to this. I simply travelled to my stronghold and switched out characters. I then went and did some of the Endless Dungeon and then when i returned the items were missing. 

Ps. Have checked my stash and other characters for the missing items. 

Thanks and regards,

• Like 1

14 answers to this question

had the same thing with 2 grimoires on paligina to trade to aloth, and when I brought them back into the party the grimoires were missing. Luckily, I know I had them before I swapped out so I reloaded the last save, and traded the items so they were on a member not being swapped out, and that saved me.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop-in and say I am sorry to hear this happen to you. We have this bug documented and reported internally. For now, it would be best practice to remove items on the character before dismissing them. Sorry for the inconvenience. :(

Got a bug :cat:?? Help us squish it!

• In your report Include your *save file* (C:\Users\YourNameHere\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity) and ...
  • PC: *output_log.txt* (In your PillarsOfEternity_Data folder)
  • Mac/Linux: *Player.log* (In your Unity folder)

• Thank you for your help!

Had the same problem happen to me when I switched out two party members so I could check stats on the new companions at the hold.  After that just made it a practice to strip them of the 10 inventory slots and the quick slots.  Very inconvenient and hope the fix this in next patch along with with spell bugs I've run into (see topic bugs and variances, tag bugs).

KTRan do you also have the bug documented where if you remove a character from your party and bring them back their Party history resets? (Strongest killed, time in party, etc.) ? It all goes to zero.

its a known isue and i think i saw devs mention somewhere its in the works

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

Lost 2 Summoning Items. The Bronze Horn and The Wooden Beetles.  Was really confused on that situation when I noticed them missing.  Spend a frustrating couple of minutes (maybe 30 minutes) looking for them.  Should have read these posts but who would have thought they would disappear from the quick item slots.  Know I find out it was probably worse, lol.  That happened so far back I don't think it would be worth it to go back.