Game of Thrones

ktchong

who cares if he finishes, the show is better anyway

Meh, I'd say the books were better but to each their own...

Is anyone else playing the Game of Thrones mod for Crusader Kings II? It just got updated for 2.3.4 and seems to be a lot more stable than it was in the alpha of this build.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I gave up after three books, does that count? Remember that "Concerning Hobbits" part of the book where Tolkien describes the lineage and family trees of those different kinds of Hobbits? Game of Thrones is half what happens in the show, and half that. Not to mention the part where we're always reading about inconsequential characters more than any good characters. The show does that too, but much less. I can't believe fans got upset because the showrunners created that Ros characters combining the roles of several minor character, because in the books those characters have literally no reason to exist.

Yup, I felt similar just reading the one.

GoT book 1 I bought at random one day and I struggled with a lot of boredom in the first half - then it became a bit interesting, and then by the last page I was "yes, I need to read the next one." Only there was no next one yet, and a couple years later I'd almost forgotten about it. Then it was suddenly this sooper popular series because the 2nd book took off or something. I find it kind of odd, really. Still, one day I'll get around to it. Although I wonder if I'd give up at book 3, too. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Very addictive television show.

Yeah. At first. After the third season it's all downhill however.

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine