Ok, so far I've installed the game and played to the first village, so I'm not that far into it. Played a lot of DnD based stuff, so the mechanical side of things isn't too unfamiliar (through dex and might took a little sink in).

I've gathered the hired adventures are likely going to be dam good characters if built right, through I want a mix of npc and hirelings so I can enjoy there stories and comments.. so were likely talking about a 50/50 mix, with the npcs changing around quest from quest.

So I'm thinking attacker, defender and support slot for each, with the MC being one of them. I also want the MC to be either a paladin or priest for funz with the rep system.

My understanding of what should work is:

• The defender should have a big suit of armour, a big shield and lots of res and per.
  • The attacker should be in light armour with a reach weapon with loads of might and dex.
  • And support is more complicated affair based on class.

So what kind of builds should I use?

I also like to use guns to a lesser or greater degree, just because there something different! So how you get the most from them?

Ok, so far I've installed the game and played to the first village, so I'm not that far into it. Played a lot of DnD based stuff, so the mechanical side of things isn't too unfamiliar (through dex and might took a little sink in).

I've gathered the hired adventures are likely going to be dam good characters if built right, through I want a mix of npc and hirelings so I can enjoy there stories and comments.. so were likely talking about a 50/50 mix, with the npcs changing around quest from quest.

So I'm thinking attacker, defender and support slot for each, with the MC being one of them. I also want the MC to be either a paladin or priest for funz with the rep system.

My understanding of what should work is:

• The defender should have a big suit of armour, a big shield and lots of res and per.
  • The attacker should be in light armour with a reach weapon with loads of might and dex.
  • And support is more complicated affair based on class.

So what kind of builds should I use?

I also like to use guns to a lesser or greater degree, just because there something different! So how you get the most from them?

You want some Con for your defender, otherwise you'll have to sleep more often than optimal for the first few levels until you get your deflection up to the point where nobody can touch you. Also, I'd go with no armor on any character you intend to use as a pure damage dealer.

Personally, I'd recommend paladin with maxed Per and Res. You can dump Dex and Might, you won't be using him to deal damage anyways (and the enemy AI seems to be very averse to disengagement attacks regardless of how much they'd hurt, so a toothless defender can defend just as well as someone who can dish out some serious hurt). You may also want to consider a few points in Intellect for the auras, although that's not necessary.

As for guns, they're best used in an opening volley, then switched out to a secondary weapon to circumvent reloading. Alternatively, you could use a chanter and the gunner talent to speed up the process.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."