Couple of problems with quests and maps resetting

Dangermouth

Question

That I can't find specifically mentioned anywhere.

Eder. Just left the records office and returned to Stronghold. He wanted to speak (icon over his head appeared). I tried every diaglogue 6 times and he still wants to speak.  Bug?

Heritage Hill.

Went in. Cleared the surface.  Went away to do other stuff. Now the gate's locked again. The map is blacked out. The guards won't let me in. Wyla has asked how I'm doing on the quest. I did change party composition but can't see that should be a problem (should it?).

Maps.  Going back to the forests and other unpopulated areas I've cleared and they're now all blacked out. Noticed just after Heritage Hill "bug".

Is this a bug or intentional? I'm sure it didn't happen in BG2/IWD.

Assistance appreciated.

Thank you.

"People dislike the popular because it's crap"

"HTH. Because it means I can talk down to you some more."

"I can do you a quote a day, but you'll have to pay. Preferably with suicide."

"You want original? Why? It's not as though that's ever touched your life before."

"A woman scorned is a fun thing. Let's boogie."

6 answers to this question

Hello Dangermouth,

Could you please follow the steps here to post a saved game and output log. This information could greatly help us to discover the root cause of this issue and ensure that it's fixed in a future patch.

Thank you!

Ok.

Well here's all the stuff I can provide. I had deleted a couple of games because of load/save times and I did a lot of running around and no killing or had easy-ish battles so there wasn't any need to F5 and save other as I had done earlier in the game.

I find that:

All the items in chests in Brighthollow are gone (got fed up of lugging them grimoires); some doors won't open stating that the door won't open without the proper key e.g. the door to the dungeon in Caed Nua from the main hall and the one to Heritage Hill; I can't speak to the steward (red circle, so cannot even select); the treasury is now empty of cash; all places I had cleared e.g. Od Nua level 1 are now darkened and repopulated; all containers are now lootable again, however. Locations I had found (e.g. bear's cave) can now be re-found. Ghosts re-appear e.g. those in/outside of Caed Nua.

Quests/Tasks appear greyed out still so they must still be completed.

I have no idea how to reproduce it or if there was a crazy key-combination I hit somewhere (that I know of).

Txt and game files will be attached separately when I can figure out how to do it.

"You want original? Why? It's not as though that's ever touched your life before."

Nope. Still can't figure out how to attach so seeing as someone else did this, I'll check back tomorrow to see if it worked:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwlquypCPs2-fmlydUNodXpleXFfQkFjMGJwTDVrRzdqUW5HZGlOQjNRTjM5R0l2dmFUSGc&authuser=0

Same problem here :(

After killling Redwick I noticed 2 gate guards that I killed being alive. I took some rest in the village, sold some stuff. Went to my stronghold, Eder and mage wanted to speak but had nothing new to say. Doors to the dungeon were closed. All other maps also resetted... Redwick is alive... , can't play on this savegame.

Don't think my savegame can be fixed. I have only one quicksave before Redwick assasination. Lost couple hours of gameplay (Path of the Damned difficulty). Hopefully this won't happen again.

Let me know if any dev wants more info or my files to check.

Hello,

I see this topic is almost a year old, but I have the samme issue and have found no fix for it.

Here are all the relevant files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5y3vi67tgc09vbu/Pillars%20of%20Eternity%20zone%20reset%20bug.zip?dl=0

Unfortunately, I have no later save that does not have the bug, but they're only 5 hours of game time apart, and one of the only things I did inbetween were Heritage Hill and the Ondra's Gift lighthouse.