But didn't bioware say many times over that games like Baldurs Gate are dead now?

Screw them.

If you're looking to make an AAA title with a large budget, they're quite correct as the publishers display the aggravating herd mentality of shying away from anything not chasing after the CoD, WoW, or HALO crowd. Win a mega-lottery and slap down $5 million to fund development on your own and I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that quite of few of the EA-Ware employees would jump at the opportunity to make a retro-style cRPG that's heavy on the RPG and lighter on the hack 'n' slash.

• Like 3

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Seems kind of irrelevant to us as customers, though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yup, Bioware is totally one big hivemind entity, and isn't made up of actual human beings, who might just decide to send "congrats" cookies to another team of human individuals, u_u...

Obviously, it's a corporate ploy, and the entirety of Bioware just sits around skulking and wondering how the entirety of Obsidian is doing.

MAN you guys have it figured out.

• Like 4

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Why does this have to be an act of spite?  Can't one company be happy for the successes of another, even if they are, on some level, competing?  I mean, were I an author or musician, why couldn't I be happy with other's books/music and congratulate them for it?  I know most of these posts are tongue-in-cheek, but some I'm not so sure.

Screw bioware man, last good game they made was ME2. Ever since then, 4 games and 4 garbage games.

This is basically jealousy by the new Bioware (which shares no resemblance to Bioware of NWN1, KOTOR and Mass Effect 1).

Honestly, obsidian has always been kinda shadowed by Bioware and Bethesda.... KOTOR 2 by KOTOR 1.... NWN2 by NWN1.... Fallout New Vegas with F3 (even though NV was much better than F3 it still was shadowed...). This game placed a hold on this. Pillars of Eternity by itself shadows all the 3 Dragon Age games together!

I have absolutely no doubt that the current Bioware devs are saying "ooooooh HOW can this rock and stone game be considered better than that perfect game called DA:Inquisition WHY OH WHY".

Wow, man, really? They congratulate and send cookies out of jealousy? Yeah, I get that. Every time I'm super bitter and jealous I do nice things for the target of my envy, because that's how I express dislike and sour grapes. By being awesome to people.

*smh*

• Like 3

Yup, Bioware is totally one big hivemind entity, and isn't made up of actual human beings, who might just decide to send "congrats" cookies to another team of human individuals, u_u...

Obviously, it's a corporate ploy, and the entirety of Bioware just sits around skulking and wondering how the entirety of Obsidian is doing.

MAN you guys have it figured out.

At the bottom of the cookie box, a single Red Pill is discovered.

its contents have been infused with the cookies.  What could this disturbing development mean???

"Remember remember the eighteenth of November,

Paid reviews, Political Correctness and David Gaider's plot(holes),

I see no reason paid reviews, political correctness and David Gaider's plot(holes),

Should ever be forgot..." - Nerdwing

ZO60dBN.png

Edited by Bulivyf
  • Like 3

*snipped to save bandwidth*

Bulivyf makes a valid point as "moving on" appears to be synonymous with degeneration. I truly do miss the BioWare of the Neverwinter Nights era.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Really? 

Seriously these boards are becoming more and more disgusting each day. Most of these posts are vapid, whining little gits. "Wah, Bioware stopped making games I like, I hope all their dogs get cancer, and my face is being slapped and I think I got turned gay by that one elf !!!oneoneone".

Seriously. I also was not a fan of the latest Bioware games. This kind of internalization, however, is psychologically unhealthy. The company is not out to get you personally. I like PoE much better than DAI (which I have not really played past the intro much). What this is, is a gesture of good will between friends and peers in an industry. People who no doubt hang out and have meaningful discussion with other not only about games but their lives. 

• Like 18

Really? 

Deekin Scalesinger, I don't think anyone is that serious about what they wrote here. You're reading way too far into it, sure some people may marginally feel the way that you're accusing them of, but keep in mind it's slightly difficult to interpret intent through text.

• Like 1

Bioware were the reason why we could no longer have proper RPGs all the way until Pillars of Eternity. 

Bioware is the reason Pillars of Eternity exists, as well. You can't look at just one side of things and make opinions from that.

• Like 3

Really? 

Deekin Scalesinger, I don't think anyone is that serious about what they wrote here. You're reading way too far into it, sure some people may marginally feel the way that you're accusing them of, but keep in mind it's slightly difficult to interpret intent through text.

Ah so the misconception that Bioware somehow killed RPG's isnt real then.  Its just a big running joke, rather than a story weaved by manchildren?

Ya got me!

Boy is my face red!

Bioware were the reason why we could no longer have proper RPGs all the way until Pillars of Eternity. 

Bioware is the reason Pillars of Eternity exists, as well. You can't look at just one side of things and make opinions from that.

You misspelled Black Isle

Edit: BTW I don't agree that Bioware killed RPG's. You could always count on Troika and Obsidian to do something with the genre when other just wanted "Click button, awesome happens" gameplay.

Edited by Bayzent