I have been creating and deleting characters, I can't decide what to play...........its really frustrating.

At the moment I am partial between Druid, Fighter, Paladin, Priest and Rogue. Can anyone please help me decide in between these five?

Thanks

Edited by Brimsurfer

I did the same thing, finally settled on monk and finally finished act 2, I keep seeing new class options and abilities though that keep making me think about what I want to do for a 2nd or even 3rd playthrough. They did a great job with making every class having something cool about it that makes you want it in the party.

I have been creating and deleting characters, I can't decide what to play...........its really frustrating.

At the moment I am partial between Druid, Fighter, Paladin, Priest and Rogue. Can anyone please help me decide in between these five?

Thanks

I'd go with rogue since you find all those other classes as party members, but not a rogue. Plus they do tons of damage.

• Like 1

Thanks

I would say rogue.

Edited by SKull

I picked rogue because there are no recruitable companions with that class. All the others you mentioned can be found in the game, so why not just make them part of your team and learn all classes this way?

My next playthrough will probably be cipher.

Go rogue.  Or barbarian.  Or monk.  Or cipher.  Or wizard.  Or druid.  Or fighter.  Or ranger.  Or chanter.  Or paladin.  Or priest.

Not necessarily in that order.

The game doesn't support multiclassing, otherwise I'd suggest that ol' staple, the barbarian/chanter/cipher/druid/fighter/monk/paladin/priest/ranger/rogue/wizard (B/Ch/Ci/D/F/M/Pa/Pr/Ra/Ro/W for short).  Max charisma.

--/\/

Thanks

Seems you have "restart-itis", which is actually very common in RPGs and I usually "suffer" from it aswell. I also do so in PoE.

Nobody can give you a clear answer what class to play because it's simply personal preference ("power-levels" aside, which shouldn't be the deciding factor in a single player RPG).

It's actually not a problem, though, just restart and play all those classes until you find out if you (really) like them or not and then continue to play through the game.

Eventually, the urge to experience the world and the story will outweigh the urge to restart and experience the classes/systems.

I had the same reaction, and still do to an extent. 

Right now I've got it narrowed down to a Wild Orlan Hunter (boar animal companion), a Nature Godlike Druid (stag spiritshift), a Death Godlike Cipher (your worst nightmare), and a Wood Elf Chanter. Everything else can wait, but it's hard deciding between these four.

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

Hmm....well most people are saying 'Rogue' as there are no recruit-able rogues, also i dont think there are any recruit-able barbarians either but anyway I am normally a rogue in most RPGs, so I guess rogue it is...........

Hmm....but that Druid class looks aweful nice, oh and look at that Paladin ............. oh **** I am trailing off again  ;(

Sigh......I hate myself. :banghead:

When you roll Rogue, pick Rauatai as your culture.

You will start with brigandine armor and a greatsword.

That's how you roll.  Max might and dex, maybe toss a bit into perception or whatever.  Or all 13s and thumb your nose at mins and maxes.

Blinding Strike to start, backstab at level 2.  Points in stealth and mechanics (if you want to be the total scout experience).

--/\/