Difficulty setting bug

ribbed

Question

Sometimes the difficulty setting resets to Easy for no reason. It occurs even if I play on Path of the Damned and cannot change the difficulty setting in game options menu by design.

How to reproduce:

It's pretty random, but I think it happens especially frequently when I switch the game to windowed mode and back to fullscreen with ⌘+F shortcut (I play on Mac) in character creation or level up menu.

I get an error when I try to attach a savegame to this post, so I've uploaded it on external hosting. The game was started with the Path of the Damned + Trial of Iron + Expert Mode, then I used ⌘+F during the character creation process, and in the encampment the difficulty setting has magically switched to Easy.

Here is another topic where players experience a similar problem.

My system specs:

MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013

Processor  2.7 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory  16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics  NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

Software  OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)

Please fix this bug, it really breaks the game experience if you play with Path of the Damned + Trial of Iron + Expert mode. I've played for 15 hours and need to start over now.

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

I lost my save to this bug today. I'm playing in Windows 7, so it's not just a mac problem.

I'm not sure if it happened because I went to full screen from windowed and back, but it very well could be. I hit that accidentally today (alt-enter) and the bug happened after that.

Even weirder, I started a new game on potd cause I had to, and that game changed to easy in the first area for no reason at all. I've closed and restarted the game between these occasions and now I'm reinstalling...