Lumdala's House & Purnisc - Serious Quest Inconsistency [SPOILERS]

Luckmann

Question

Alright, so... I just ran into something.. odd.

In Copperlane, at the inn, you can pick up a quest called "His Old Self". During the course of the quest, you pick up a key - it is called a "Rusty Bronze Key" and it's description confirms that it was found at Purnisc's house. Either way, later on, if you enter "Lumdala's House", there is a door there which you can open with said key.

Opening it up with the key reveals a passageway into the Catacombs, and a stage on which someone was apparently strangled. Fair enough. After the scene, someone called Lumbdala and a group of her cronies show up.

Everything in the dialogue at this point suggests that you are on a quest; Lumdala even starts the conversation with "Well, well. If it isn't our friend from Dunryd Row". I have no idea what Dunryd Row is, I don't think I've ever been there, and I've certainly not met Lumdala before. How this even relates to Purnisc's quest, I have absolutely no clue.

Most likely it is a matter of the key being assigned wrongly, and that key is simply not meant to open that door. I would assume that the key was intended to open the door to the room in which Purnisc is tied up in the "His Old Self"-quest, but I opened that door with lockpicking. But I honestly have no bloody clue what's going on.

So someone might want to take a look at that.

Edit: Double-checked, and everything above checks out and should be correct. It is indeed Rusty Bronze Key, and it was found at Purnisc's house. Apparently there's some serious double-dealing going on between shapeshifting drug-pushers and the actors, assassins and associates (AAA) guild.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

7 answers to this question

Perhaps there were multiple items named Rusty Bronze Key, and in your games, they failed to differentiate.

In my own experience, the Purnisc only works on the correct door.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Perhaps there were multiple items named Rusty Bronze Key, and in your games, they failed to differentiate.

Really? Are you sure? Note that if you use it, it disappears, so if you opened Purnisc's door, you can't try it on other doors. You have to lockpick the door, then pick up the key, finish the quest, and then go to the other doors.

But yes, it's entirely possible the other keys are also called Rusty Bronze Key, and that's the issue. I'm not sure how the game assigns or sorts those things.

t50aJUd.jpg

Really? Are you sure? Note that if you use it, it disappears, so if you opened Purnisc's door, you can't try it on other doors. You have to lockpick the door, then pick up the key, finish the quest, and then go to the other doors.

But yes, it's entirely possible the other keys are also called Rusty Bronze Key, and that's the issue. I'm not sure how the game assigns or sorts those things.

Ah, that would explain it. Yeah, I used it on Purnisc's door.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.