So what's everyone's favorite class thusfar?

I can't really decide myself, though I highly suspect Cipher is going to win most popular seeing how comparatively simplistic and powerful it is. Other classes need to be understood correctly or need time before being powerful, Cipher is just a winner from the get-go.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Chanter is my personal favorite.

-Significantly increases party dmg (-2x reload speed chant, lol).

-His pets are actually very good, unlike lolRanger.  

-Has a nice constant area heal.

-Also his corpse explosion ability can be OP in some battles.

Although his usefulness drops a bit if you don't any reload weapon users.  Considering those are the best weapons at the moment that isn't an issue :p

Edited by Dongom

Once I feel comfortable returning to a "real" game of PoE (with a party and letting myself save/load games etc), I am leaning toward a melee (two-handed) cipher as my first stab (with an estoc, I hope!) at the proper game.

Or maybe a savannah folk barbarian from the White that Wends named Taffer who teams up with a coastal or meadow folk rogue from Old Vailia calling himself The Beige Skuldr.  They in turn occasionally deal with two death godlike wizards, Ninjaboy of the Seven Ties and Shillbot of the Tideless Phase.

Good adventures to be had!

• Like 2

--/\/

Hard to say what's my favourite. In terms of raw power, the druid seems to be up there. I used to struggle at some fights in my PotD play-through, but ever since I got the druid nobody dies any more. The druid is a monster that allows you to do things like keeping active a Returning Storm to decimate the enemies passively, then activate a Moonwell to offer unending sustain to allies, then summon badass elementals capable of dealing high damage or tanking creatures, and on top of that you can still move and cast deadly AoE's freely across the battlefield. Just sick.

In terms of preference, I like my trusty Fighter. For a lot of people they are a bit too simple, but once you get some talent specialization they're quite fun to play, and makes you feel like a battlefield bully. Nobody can stand against you in toe-to-toe combat. If a caster flees, you pull it right into your face, if several enemies gang up on you, you send them flying in AoE, push them back, knock them down, and all around dominate them with martial superiority while being practically unkillable by anything other than some nasty spells. 

In any case, I haven't found any class to be truly underpowered, all of them are useful and fun. The only one that seems a little lackluster is Ranger, but I haven't given it much of a chance to make it into my main party either. Might dedicate more time to it in another play-through. 

Dual wielding Cipher if I can get it to work.

Ranger is my second favorite.

Haven't tried rogue, but I'll give that one a whirl soon.

Mind you, I haven't gotten past Gilded Vale, and haven't gotten past level 3 yet. So far I like the DW Cipher best. Between blinding targets or making them go prone, I can stack up attacks with my stilletos or rapiers and continue casting spells. I've taken on 3+ enemies solo with this. Ranger is fun too, but I feel like its a little underwhelming. That's too bad as its always been one of my favorite classes in this genre.

I like Ciphers and Chanters the most so far.

I've been a bit underwhelmed with the Wizards and Paladins, and have zero experience with rogues, but the other classes seem solid depending on how you play them.

The main problem I have with Wizards is that there aren't any effective lower level AoE spells (that i know of) that don't hit your party members. I love the fan of flames, but I can never use it without roasting my whole party.

As far as rangers, once I realized you need to focus on ranged builds they seemed quite a bit better.

Edited by khango

I'm totally digging the dps monk build I made. With max dex and might I am consistently hitting for 10+ damage 2-3x as fast as Eder does with his beginner sword and shield build.  I'm definitely going to run my second playthrough as a spell caster though.  Possibly a druid or a cipher.

I started off with Ranger, and I have to say that I'm unimpressed. Of course, I threw way too many points into perception. Should have just maxed out Dex and Might instead. I figured the interrupt would be really good against spell casters, but now I regret not having super high action speed.

The adventurer I hired was really good. The wizard is obviously a fun class, as in all DnD based games.

• Like 1

Chanter, but I didn't pick any summons, ranged weapon buff or maggots, maybe I'm doing it wrong.

I just like how he has very versatile auras and invocations. There are also different chants combos you can use for more invocations or better auras.

I'm going to replay the game with another chanter with a pike when I get the chance.

Derpdragon of the Obsidian Order

Derpdragons everywhere. I like spears.

No sleep for the Watcher... because he was busy playing Pillars of Eternity instead.

I can't really decide myself, though I highly suspect Cipher is going to win most popular seeing how comparatively simplistic and powerful it is. Other classes need to be understood correctly or need time before being powerful, Cipher is just a winner from the get-go.

:' |

My cipher is constantly dying, I am terrible at videogames.

DID YOU KNOW: *Missing String*

Chanter for being so unique.   Song management, etc is cool.   Pets are nice although I wish I could make the auto-stops avoid them.

Druid (2nd best) is also great but that is because he is overpowered.    He is a wizard (good spells) with special forms.

With all that said Priest/Cleric (whatever it is called in this game) is the only class I feel is required.   Endurance buff is needed.