Greetings, how do you.....? (spoiler inside..)

I am doing the tutorial. I have restarted a few times as I am feeling my way around class types. Currently I redid my Cypher and he 'feels' much better with a bit of armor on him. I had chain and stored that when i found some hide armor. 

He is using a war bow. It feels sturdier. I did not min max, I left my con at 10 or 11, Might is 15 Dex is 17 and Int is 18. Perception is 12 or 13 and Resolve is 9.

I am in front of the checkerboard area underground and I can 'see' the area is all traps. 

My question is, can we disarm/disable traps in this game? If so how do you do it? I tried left clicking to see if a drop down menu appeared or right clicking. All this did was cause my thief to run into the trap and promptly get hurt...

You hit alt, which puts you in stealth/search mode, then while in that state and the trap is discovered just click on the trap, cursor should change to a disarm button automatically. The skill that governs this is mechanics.

My question is, can we disarm/disable traps in this game? If so how do you do it?

First, you need to be sneaking in order to see that they are traps. You can't do anything before that (although there are at least two other ways to get past that trapped area).

If you move your characters close to the traps while sneaking, you should spot the traps, and they'll turn color. (Your cursor will also change to the disarm traps indication when you hover over an identified trap.) Then, you just have to click on the trap with your rogue - or anyone with some Mechanics skill - to attempt to disarm them.

As I say, you don't have to disarm them, since you can get past them at least two other ways. But I suspect that your problem is just that you weren't sneaking when you walked up to them.

PS. Note that you won't find hidden stashes of loot if you're not sneaking, either. I don't remember if there are any hidden stashes in that initial dungeon, but you do find them in the game. (Nothing you really need to find, though.)

Oh we were sneaking. In fact thats all I do in dungeons as you stated I cant find hidden things if I dont. However I was in stealth when I move my course and I got the 'trap' w/ jaws symbol. Do I right  click or left lick while in stealth to remove traps?

Thanks for the quick answer btw...

I don't think the checkboard traps are disarmable though.  May this is just a practical matter, under normal conditions you can't get to level 2 there and if you were a rogue you could have 3 in mechanics, I have tried with two and that fails maybe 3 works but I suspect not.

You can interact with them but you fail.  There is a puzzle solution for them that disarms them.

I don't think the checkboard traps are disarmable though.  May this is just a practical matter, under normal conditions you can't get to level 2 there and if you were a rogue you could have 3 in mechanics, I have tried with two and that fails maybe 3 works but I suspect not.

You can interact with them but you fail.  There is a puzzle solution for them that disarms them.

Unless I'm missing something, there's not much of a puzzle to it.

On a related note, can you actually do anything with that Xorip(?) thing that starts a conversation with you? None of the options seem to really matter.

No, they can be disarmed. Mechanics of 3 definitely works.

You seem to get a variable amount of experience from it, depending on how many are in your party at the time. I suspect that's so you don't level up inside the starter dungeon.

On a related note, can you actually do anything with that Xorip(?) thing that starts a conversation with you? None of the options seem to really matter.

If you give him meat dropped  from those molerat like mobs, he will drop his spear on the ground.

• Like 1

Well I was trying to be vague :p  At the very least you need to equip something and while it does not actually matter there is a correspondance between symbols if you pay attention.

Honestly the first time I did it I thought it was for open a door at the end of the corridor and had no idea it diarmed stuff.

Although from another thread about xp I guess you can disarm them for xp.  You must need 3 mechanics because I always failed.

Edited by cctobias