Steam achievement for being backer not populating.

Hi all.

I started my playthrough on day one when Steam was being wonky with the achievements, so not getting this at that time didn't bother me overly much. However, as time goes on, I keep seeing this as an unearned achievement and it is starting to bother me. I doubt that this is the case, but is there some quest or action that I need to perform to unlock this? I used the key that I obtained from the backer portal, and have gotten the cloak, ring, and pet with no issue.

I know that this issue could possibly be laid at the feet of Valve and their achievement system, but before I submit a ticket to be ignored, I figured that I would come here first to see if anyone else has experienced this and might have any possible fix short of contact Valve.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Fixed by making a new character as suggested below.

Edited by jvires

Wow only 20% of the people playing are backers.

Wouldn't that mean about 385,000 people own copies of this game?

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Made a new character and it fixed it. I hadn't thought of doing that since I know that as soon as I make a new toon, I would feel split between playing them both and I don't have that much free time. Thanks again.

They have to start the game up before they get the achievement, so people who registered their key but are waiting for the first patch aren't counting.

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

They have to start the game up before they get the achievement, so people who registered their key but are waiting for the first patch aren't counting.

Regardless, this showcases that ~385,000 people have bought and registered the game.

EDIT: Wait no I'm a derp lol. :C

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?