What are the game's console commands...?

waltc

Question

Two questions...

1) Console commands...list?

2) Is there a .cfg file (like autoexec.cfg) that I can create that will run when I run the game (so that I can avoid having to manually input into the console in each game session...?)

Great game, btw!  I wanted to state that quite by accident I discovered that even the very first of the game contains multiple paths in which the characters act very differently.  Outstanding.

In the ruins, on my first attempt, "Calisca" (sp?) leaves the two of us and we found her dead on the tiles, a trap having killed her.  On my second start, the three of us rest and she stays with us, and we light the torches to clear a path through the tiles, but of course you don't even have to cross the trapped floor tiles to "escape the ruins"....Of course, none of that matters in the grand scheme of things since all but the main character die shortly after escaping the ruins...Still, great design...I can see that a lot of thought went into every scene in this game from the very start...Superb...!

I approach a game like this as a fine wine to be savored at length, in little sips...I am contemplating starting over again, just to see what I've missed....maybe...if I don't get pulled in and *forced* to continue.... ;)

Edited by waltc

It's very well known that I don't make mistakes, so if you should stumble across the odd error here and there in what I have written, you may immediately deduce--quite correctly--that I did not write it... :biggrin:

5 answers to this question

Note that using a console command will nullify steam achievements.  I'm curious about this as well.

I honestly could care less about achievements...:)  Not an issue for me...I think knowing the engine's console commands is far more important/interesting...but thanks for the info!

It's very well known that I don't make mistakes, so if you should stumble across the odd error here and there in what I have written, you may immediately deduce--quite correctly--that I did not write it... :biggrin:

Found some here:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/71903-console-commandscheats/

and here:

http://orcz.com/index.php?title=Pillars_of_Eternity:_Console_Commands&redirect=no

I have to say that this should be something that ideally Obsidian might officially comment on...I'm not interested in "cheats" nearly as much as I am in "tweaks" to image quality, & etc.

Another:

http://rien-ici.com/iemod/console

Edited by waltc

Hello all.  I've used the above lists and sites for learning the console commands as well.  There is no official document that I know of, though I haven't been here very long either.  As far as making a .cfg file or something similar to run commands when you start up, I've wondered that too.  I will ask around and get back to you.

As far as the bug about the stronghold, have you completed the quest to kill Maerwald?  Please upload a saved game, output log, and if possible a dxdiag file and I can look further into your problem.  Please do this in a new thread however, as it has nothing to do with the console commands.  Thanks!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/