Gamestopping bug: Do not equip the drinking horn of moderation

Malaclypse

Question

The item is supposed to give +2 Int and improve focus gain while above 50% endurance.

What actually happens is that each time you take off the item and put it on again, the +2 Int are added and at some point focus regeneration stops working (Maybe an overflow?). 

So my cipher now has 30 Int but no focus regen.

In hindsight, it should have been obvious that a drinking horn of moderation only leads to excess ;) 

However, i would like to get this bug fixed as I have about 10hrs playtime since equipping it and noticing the bug. 

I am happy to upload a save, however there seems to be a filesize limit of 0.5mb and the save is 3.2mb. 

5 answers to this question

The item is supposed to give +2 Int and improve focus gain while above 50% endurance.

What actually happens is that each time you take off the item and put it on again, the +2 Int are added and at some point focus regeneration stops working (Maybe an overflow?). 

So my cipher now has 30 Int but no focus regen.

In hindsight, it should have been obvious that a drinking horn of moderation only leads to excess ;)

However, i would like to get this bug fixed as I have about 10hrs playtime since equipping it and noticing the bug. 

I am happy to upload a save, however there seems to be a filesize limit of 0.5mb and the save is 3.2mb. 

Just upload the file somewhere else (there are a few free sites to do that) and refer to the downoad link here.

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg

Yeah, had the same issue with another amulet that gave same stuff, can't remember the name.  I am at 23 INT, but don't ever regenerate focus.

Kind of screws up the Cipher PC , though.  You would have thought someone would have run into this issue in the beta, but i guess not.

Timetable on a fix? 

This bug as I read might not be related to 2 other bugs.

One that seems to affect the loading into specific area's while wearing equipment that boosts certain stats permanently increase the stats by the amount you are wearing on top of your current character stats. 

And one where if you dubbleclick on a item to equip an item, strange things happen.

Like Nr1 and Nr2 in this thread: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73757-list-of-bugs-that-everyone-should-know-about-game-breaking/

p.s. I added your thread as well (with a link to yours) on the buglist thread that everyone should know about.

It sucks I cant edit the first post in my thread to update the bug list :/ Its on page 10 somewhere now atleast.

Edited by zephiris