hi,

short question,

does dmg buff from talents i.e. soul whip and weapon enchants with dmg stack ?

soul whip talen does 1.2 and enchant 1.75... both are going to effect my attack or just higher value ?

regards

Edited by Omatkoicorko

Just higher value.

They very much do not suck. Most damage multipliers stack, and most tough enemies have significant damage threshold, so those talents are very valuable.

To break it down: suppose your base damage is 10, and you're fighting an enemy with DR 10. That means that your normal attack will do 0 damage. 

Take Soul Whip (*1.2), Enchant (*1.75), and Vulnerable Attack (DR bypass 6), and suddenly you're doing 17 damage.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Even with damage reduction, doesn't your attack deal at least minimal damage though (i.e. no 0 damage)?

it does, 20%.

i am asking, because after selecting new talent with 1.2 dmg, my tooltip and charscreen shows me unchanged dmg... maybe i have a bug ;/

Yes it does. 

The actual calculation is somewhat more complex because of the variable damage range, grazes, and crits, but the same principle applies. The damage multipliers matter much more than you'd think, largely due to DR and grazes. They're valuable. Anything that buffs ACC is at least as or even more valuable.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

I'm really confused. You said that it just uses the higher value, then that most of them stack. Can you elaborate? If I get the 1.15x damage boost on top of a exceptional weapon and some good Might, am I doing 1.15 x 1.3 x 1.3 = 1.9435x the base damage or am I doing some other amount of damage?

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out