How to dispel domination?

I thought meditation of clarity only gave a will bonus against those effects, working preventive - not reactively.

Guess I have to test that out - I already casted it the instant I started a fight againts mobs that had mind control abilities but that does not disable them from applying domination.

I do wonder if "supress afflication" just is bugged, because based on the description you really would expect it dispells any hostile effects on your party.

Anybody an idea why it does not work?

There is no more helpless feeling than when your party gets charmed/dominated without any clear way to supress the effects without having to pre modify character buffs to prevent the issue in the first place.  I believe bg2 had dispel magic and remove magic to counter charmed,confused, chaosed and paralysed members.  I wish there was something that straight forward in poe.  Maybe there is and i am just missing it.

Did u try cast meditation of clarity 1st lvl priest spell?

I did when i got consfused and it worked to remove the confusion while buffing will and res.

I cant remember if i ever got dominated yet, i did fight some fungus men in a cave and thought i dispelled the charm somehow during the fight..

I found the trick to beating these shrooms.

First off till I figured it out was definetly most frustrating battle of game even on hard difficulty. Having 5 of 6 players controlled is kind silly when you cant dispell/prevent.

Anywho..

UsIng Grieving Mother or a Cipher.. Fight fire with fire.

Target the shrooms [non-boss one] and cast the level one mind dominate spell. [Forget name]

It actually works pretty hilariously since they will then cast dominate on the other enemies which can give you a decent army.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

35 seconds domination from vithrak, ghosts and everyone else's insta spells and your sypher is like "herp-derp, close range only casting-casting-casting-casting-miss"

Is there any way to increase the chances? Cuz I've never charmed or dominated anyone.

I found the trick to beating these shrooms.

First off till I figured it out was definetly most frustrating battle of game even on hard difficulty. Having 5 of 6 players controlled is kind silly when you cant dispell/prevent.

Anywho..

UsIng Grieving Mother or a Cipher.. Fight fire with fire.

Target the shrooms [non-boss one] and cast the level one mind dominate spell. [Forget name]

It actually works pretty hilariously since they will then cast dominate on the other enemies which can give you a decent army.

You probably playing on low difficulty, on POTD it's impossible to dominate the spores. Or possible but with very low chances, anyway spores will soon enough start to attack the cypher and prevent casting. Because again - close range and very long cast time.

Edited by xenustehg

Let me guess, you're fighting a certain someone on top of a certain castle in a "Round 2" of sorts...?

I just closed my game frustrated with this fight. I beat it first try with another squad that was less caster-reliant, but this new game file I've got is more caster reliant, and I cannot do JACK when half my squad is charmed before I can even blink.

I went down the entire list of Priest spells thinking "surely there's some way to counter it." NOPE none whatsoever. Charmed/Dominated is completely 100% counter-proof.

A counter would be nice Obsidian....It's kind of hard to properly prepare for a fight when over half my team will be fighting it against me.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

It's not just that it's counter-proof.

Suppress Affliction and similar spells target allies. Dominate, Charm, Confuse and the like make allies into hostiles. Therefore, Suppress Affliction can't affect dominated, confused, or charmed allies, because they're considered hostiles.

Yes, that's incredibly, obnoxiously dumb.

• Like 5

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Is there even a difference between confused or dominated?  Is dominated a full alliance flip, and confused just attacking anything?

confused- attacs randomly, charmed automaticaly attacks enemy without player control, dominated-allows full control of dominated char by the player (dont know whats the dfiference between charmed and dominated when cast by enemies)

Suppress Affliction and similar spells target allies. Dominate, Charm, Confuse and the like make allies into hostiles. Therefore, Suppress Affliction can't affect dominated, confused, or charmed allies, because they're considered hostiles.

and your characters atacking back the charmed char instead of fighting enemies

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

I'm guessing they thought we'd counter charm with charm of our own, but realistically speaking, for the fight I was talking about at least, I tried that and my cipher's charm speed was completely outpaced by the enemy's, not to mention if your charm classes get charmed then it's GG.

As far as I'm concerned, they can put this on the to-do list right next to making paralyze less OP.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

The issue seems to be related with the hit system. Since they are attacking your Will stat, even if they get a Graze hit, your character is still dominated/charmed for less time.

charm and confuse attack deflection

Yeah. Slightly irritating.

I discovered this while bumbling my way through Noonfrost where every single damn room has a wizard who starts off fights with Confusion. You can dominate your own guys back into the party, but this is treated as an attack rather than a remedy and they may resist it.

DID YOU KNOW: *Missing String*

confused- attacs randomly, charmed automaticaly attacks enemy without player control, dominated-allows full control of dominated char by the player (dont know whats the dfiference between charmed and dominated when cast by enemies)

Charmed characters get a debuff. Dominated don't.

No dispel in the game, seems like an oversight.  Priest/Wizard/Paladin should have a general purpose dispel.  Cipher should haver something for Will related stuff.

Confuse/Charm/Dominate are way too powerful, and that works both ways.  This needs to be addressed in the balance patch and multiple classes should have a method of removing these effects, and not at level 12 either.

I looked at Bull's Will and Mental Fortress but they don't do much, again because of how graze works.