Can't answer the first exactly, but I'd guess 10 endurance or less with lesser wounds forms a wound.

As for the second, that would be my main problem with my monk right now.  It seems very much like 'none'.  Wounds don't bleed you out over time, nor do I see it limiting the damage from incoming attacks at all.

so let me get this straight...

for a monk to be useful he needs to take lots of damage.

unmitigated damage to be exact.

so the only way to make a monk useful is if you let him take as much damage as possible, and always heal him up.

what role does a monk really fit in?

his mechanic doesn't help in a tank role, as tank you want to mitigate and avoid as much damage as possible.

his talents help a little as damage dealer, but as damage dealer you don't want to take damage in the first place.

his talent help a lot in crowd control, but also only if you let him take damage.

he isn't good as healer.

he isn't good at debuffing/buffing.

so the only thing i can see him in is as crowd control.

but only if you let him take enough damage.

is it really worth, to take a monk (a healers nightmare) instead of one of the other classes, that provide good crowd control?

Currently?  No.

If they restore him to how he should be where large hits have the overflow over a cap sent to make wounds, and he can purge the residual damage from wounds that really should be there, then he'd be fun and powerful again.  There's no point to wounds right now as you're either setup to not get any through some sort of tank spec and then can't use your abilities or you're at max 10 wounds in a single large blow that was not mitigated at all.

Really need the devs to reassess monk and get it back in line with how it was pitched to begin with.

Currently?  No.

If they restore him to how he should be where large hits have the overflow over a cap sent to make wounds, and he can purge the residual damage from wounds that really should be there, then he'd be fun and powerful again.  There's no point to wounds right now as you're either setup to not get any through some sort of tank spec and then can't use your abilities or you're at max 10 wounds in a single large blow that was not mitigated at all.

Really need the devs to reassess monk and get it back in line with how it was pitched to begin with.

thanks, i thought i missed something.

another question about wounds.

is wounds threshold calculated before or after damage reduction?

what i mean

i get 15 damage and have 6 DR

15 damage = 1.5 wounds and i get 9 damage

or do i get 15-6=9 damage and 0.9 wounds?