NVIDIA Shadowplay: anyone get it to work with this game?

Novanus

Question

Hi,

Just curious, has anyone been able to get NVIDIA Shadowplay to work, either via manual record or the "Save last 10 minutes" feature?  I can't get either method to work.  Shadowplay does work for me in a couple of other games I tested, such as Legend of Grimrock II and Skyrim.

OK - It appears the game is eating the keystrokes required to activate either mode so that Shadowplay never sees those keystrokes.  I just did a test and was able to get it to work by ticking "Allow desktop capture" in Shadowplay, and then when I wanted to save the last 10 minutes, I alt-tabbed to the desktop and did the keystroke there.  I guess what I can do is enable that setting before playing and then turn it off when done, so that it's not constantly recording the desktop when I'm not in game.

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

I've come across the same issue. I guess POE is blocking hotkeys from background programs. I used the same technique by ticking allow desktop capture and then starting the game. With desktop capture and manual record I can start/stop in game but can't start/stop with desktop capture unticked.

Same here. I had to enable "Allow desktop capture" but from then on, it always reliably worked.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus