Gandalf the grey? No, PoE the grey

i want to share with u my opinion on the visual and artistic aspect of the game.

I found all the ambientations with a damn, conspicuous inclination to sad colours.

floors, walls, columns, normally they have all the same greish colour!>They  are so tedious.

Besides i noticed the lackness of care for details and interior design. It's look to me some steep behind BG2.

As who works on these aspects were a sad soul, i don't know how to explain it better.

As the things had done in hurry.

A lot of empty spaces in the interior without decorations or well done forniture.

I fell the lack of joy and artistic touch.

Even the water of streams seems grey and pale.

Where is colourfull brightness? where are colours?

In the old games  u can feel a sensation of handmade touch, that s totally absent here.

The raedric's hold, for example, it tastes of fake, cool digital flavour, drafted or totally digitally constructed in few seconds, where all the bricks has the same identical colours...

I mean no offend anyone just my 2 cents for your next works

Bye

Betel

Edited by betelges

Really? I really find the visuals to be really pleasing. There are many beautiful places in this game.

And honestly I don't care if each block of cement looks the same, I mean they already spend 3 years developing, I didn't want to wait another 10 years either so they have every cement block in the game manually created to suit your Aesthetics.  

^_^

But each one their own opinion ofcourse,  I do wonder though if you already visited places in the later acts? Or you just finished or still playing Act 1?

• Like 1

Perhaps you should leave Gilded Vale first. ;)

It's by far the most drab and gray zone of the whole game.

There are plenty of pretty zones when you leave that place. I  personally really enjoyed the art of the game. My favorite are the mushroom infested cavesand some of the Glanfathan ruins. They are really quite something.

• Like 1

Perhaps you should leave Gilded Vale first. ;)

It's by far the most drab and gray zone of the whole game.

There are plenty of pretty zones when you leave that place. I  personally really enjoyed the art of the game. My favorite are the mushroom infested cavesand some of the Glanfathan ruins. They are really quite something.

Totaly agree. In fact my reaction for almost each new area was: "Wow such beautiful".

"Go where the others have gone, to the tenebrous limit

for the golden fleece of void, your ultimate prize

go upright among those who are on their knees

among those turning their backs on and those fallen to dust"

Zbigniew Herbert, Message of Mr. Cogito

i want to share with u my opinion on the visual and artistic aspect of the game.

I found all the ambientations with a damn, conspicuous inclination to sad colours.

floors, walls, columns, normally they have all the same greish colour!>They  are so tedious.

Besides i noticed the lackness of care for details and interior design. It's look to me some steep behind BG2.

As who works on these aspects were a sad soul, i don't know how to explain it better.

As the things had done in hurry.

A lot of empty spaces in the interior without decorations or well done forniture.

I fell the lack of joy and artistic touch.

Even the water of streams seems grey and pale.

Where is colourfull brightness? where are colours?

You confused PoE with Wasteland 2?

Sorry, but I play PoE is full of colors and amazing, memorable landscapes.

Huh. Not sure what game you are playing but PoE is very detailed and colorful and beautiful. I guess all these things are subjective.

But really? I mean the place is full of giant purple glowing stones? How can you say it is all grey?

Edited by Valmy