Hey guys,

As my saves as been doomed by the "item stats bug", I am forced to start a new game, the problem is there is so much bug when you look to Tech Support forum that I fear my second playthrought will be rigged to avoid those bugs and finally feeling the whole game like a pain.

The numbers of bugs is so impressive that my rationnal thinking simply tells me to wait, how are your feeling about that ? Do you feel safe when using an item  ?(Cypher bug)

Are you making a lot of save to be able to not loose 20 hours gamplay because of bad design and bad codding ?

Cheers

Edited by geobio

Only problem I had was the Roedrics hold bug, and the answer to that is to have a separate save before you go in, so you can try it again.

Don't double click to equip items?

Other then that, I personally don't have any troubles so far, maybe I'll crash and burn in 10 more hours, but I can't say anything have stopped me from playing the game so far.

Oh yeah, don't enchant Saint's armour to fine, it removed the pierce armour for me :p

• Like 2

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . .

when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you

It seems there are some of them around but I personally in 35-40 hours of playing didn't actually face them.
And I finished Raedric btw AND am playing as a ranger. I guess I'm lucky that I don't double click or save/load in areas that have no combat

Minor bugs here and there. Eder having 20 extra deflection and some Con, Kana being 1 point toosmart, nothing major if you've played other Obsidian games.

I enchanted Saint's Armor and it works fine?

I also can't reproduce the double click bug or the Roedric's Hold one.

Got lucky with this one. I haven't to this day finished KotOR 2, I always manage to corrupt my save at some point even with fixes. :D

Edited by SeekDWay
  • Like 1

Derpdragon of the Obsidian Order

Derpdragons everywhere. I like spears.

No sleep for the Watcher... because he was busy playing Pillars of Eternity instead.

I've started a new game.

As far as I know there are *just* two bugs that affect everbody:

• save & load at the places where you've picked up characerters that are in your party - > their stats will get increased accordingly to what boni they've got on their gear
  • double klicking items in the inventory deactivates passive boni

So I'm playing without saving at the 'wrong' places and trying to avoid double klick in the inventory. Hm. This must be a damn fine game : )

Hey guys,

As my saves as been doomed by the "item stats bug", I am forced to start a new game, the problem is there is so much bug when you look to Tech Support forum that I fear my second playthrought will be rigged to avoid those bugs and finally feeling the whole game like a pain.

The numbers of bugs is so impressive that my rationnal thinking simply tells me to wait, how are your feeling about that ? Do you feel safe when using an item  ?(Cypher bug)

Are you making a lot of save to be able to not loose 20 hours gamplay because of bad design and bad codding ?

Cheers

I am currently waiting. Not because I can play avoiding some bugs but more because I think this game's content is valuable enough that I really want a great first playthrough experience. And these bugs currently really prevent me from having that really awesome experience that I want, which I believe the game cán provide once some of the high priority bugs are gone.

So, I rather wait for now and play some other games, I have some fun RolePlaying Reign of Kings too, also very buggy game but its still in alpha so I can just toy around xD 

Edited by zephiris

I am currently waiting. Not because I can play avoiding some bugs but more because I think this game's content is valuable enough that I really want a great first playthrough experience. And these bugs currently really prevent me from having that really awesome experience that I want, which I believe the game cán provide once some of the high priority bugs are gone.

So, I rather wait for now and play some other games, I have some fun RolePlaying Reign of Kings too, also very buggy game but its still in alpha so I can just toy around xD 

Yep, same feeling, apart poorly codded mechanics and weird design choice we can feel that something epics is in here and like you I will wait.

I hope a toolkits for modding will be released at some point, because that way we will not be restrained no more and will be able to play the way we want, cheers to the creativity of all the players community.

PS: I have tried RoK and after 10 min of gameplay someone ropped my neck and dragged me arround for minutes, then attached me to some wood structure to cut my head of, end of the experience.

I save compulsively, so I will always have dozens of saves to fall back on if something goes wrong. But I haven't encountered any major bugs yet and I can't be 100% sure about my characters' stats because I don't know what they're supposed to be, but they don't look unusually high or low.

Edited by Rosveen

I think the safest way to go is to :

- Never swap any party member. You can dismiss them, but don't take 'em back after that. Though that's probably not a problem as long as you dismiss them with nothing equipped, but I still don't really know if that affects the missions you send them on, so... Although dismissing them reset their general stats (which I don't care about but some do), in addition to all the potential stacking defenses etc.

- Don't equip items that grant bonuses for the same attribute, defense, etc

- Avoid raedric's hold interiors beside the main one.

- Obv. don't double click to equip stuff.

I'm pretty sure there's nothing else that can bother your game beside that list.

Qu'avez-vous fait de l'honneur de la patrie ?

I just avoid double-clicking inventory items, the temporary stat boost procc items and loading in the companion pickup zones.

Not that that is hard to do, considering the game hasn't crashed for me even once, so I feel perfectly fine not saving in the companion cities anyway.