Fragments of scattered faith

(spoiler warning)

Is it possible to actually hear what Eder's brother and the avatar of Eothas are talking about in a vision? I tried to get a reading on the battle artifact from Grieving mother and then from Lady Webb with exactly the same result: they show me a vision but without sound. Eder is asking me what were they talking about but I can only answer that I don't know. He's obviously upset about it. It completes the quest, but the quest text is saying something like: "he will never know the truth". This is obviously not a perfect way to solve it. Has anybody archieved different results?

Edited by AlmightyO

Well I've met the looters, but including the stash in their camp, I've found no quest item or whatsoever. Where did you find the quest item?

Just press tab and look for a clickable space on the ground. The artifact is burried in the ground

(spoiler warning)

Is it possible to actually hear what Eder's brother and the avatar of Eothas are talking about in a vision? I tried to get a reading on the battle artifact from Grieving mother and then from Lady Webb with exactly the same result: they show me a vision but without sound. Eder is asking me what were they talking about but I can only answer that I don't know. He's obviously upset about it. It completes the quest, but the quest text is saying something like: "he will never know the truth". This is obviously not a perfect way to solve it. Has anybody archieved different results?

I am also curious about this. Has anyone found a different outcome to the one mentioned above?

(spoiler warning)

I am also curious about this. Has anyone found a different outcome to the one mentioned above?

No, and that's actually the point of Eder's quest--that he'll never know why his brother decided what he decided.  You can have a later conversation with Eder where you say something like "your mistake was waiting for someone else to tell you what was right", and he agrees with you, and says "I guess I just miss my brother".  His quest is, literally, about *coming to terms with uncertainty*, not about getting answers.

• Like 3

Grand Rhetorist of the Obsidian Order

If you appeal to "realism" about a video game feature, you are wrong. Go back and try again.

There really isn't that much uncertainty, though.  He (and his brother) could fight for their god, or their nation.  His brother chose his god. Given that all Dyrwoodans are jerks, it isn't even much of a surprise.  Of course, the gods are jerks too, but that never matters to believers.

(spoiler warning)

No, and that's actually the point of Eder's quest--that he'll never know why his brother decided what he decided.  You can have a later conversation with Eder where you say something like "your mistake was waiting for someone else to tell you what was right", and he agrees with you, and says "I guess I just miss my brother".  His quest is, literally, about *coming to terms with uncertainty*, not about getting answers.

That may well be the case, but in the dialogue about the relic, at a key point I had the option to select a [Cipher] response, and two others, which were red and not selectable, saying [Requirement not met]. This rpg-mechanic at least suggests the possibility of another outcome...

Those options usually don't change the overall outcome, just maybe give you an extra line or two.  In fact, sometimes those are more jerkass than the non-stat-bound responses.

Grand Rhetorist of the Obsidian Order

If you appeal to "realism" about a video game feature, you are wrong. Go back and try again.

Well, Eder's quest kind of remains open, to a degree. So who knows, maybe we will get something more in the upcomming sequels ;)

But yes in general, it makes him come to terms with what happened.

"We must all fear evil men. But there is a kind of evil we must fear most and that is the indifference of good men!"

There really isn't that much uncertainty, though.  He (and his brother) could fight for their god, or their nation.  His brother chose his god. Given that all Dyrwoodans are jerks, it isn't even much of a surprise.  Of course, the gods are jerks too, but that never matters to believers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu37VpwaVAA

Pretty much. 

- How can I live my life if I can't even tell good from evil?

- Eh, they're both fine choices. Whatever floats your boat. 

Assuming it was their god.

Also: all Dyrwoodans are jerks? wat

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.