Resting bonus for having sex with a prostitute

Sex is bad, mmmkay. It should give a shame debuff, which is there for the full duration of the game.

And if you are a paladin or priest you should get the debuff "not a virgin", which will, if you don't seek forgivness for your sins, turn you into a Blackguard.

Also, is this serious? First the rage over a "transphobic" joke, which seems to have died down the last couple of days, or have just been limited to twitter, and now people are upset about prostitutes in a medieval fantasy world?

Edited by Rance

I think people misunderstand something here.

Social Justice is fine. Social justice warriors are nothing else than Extremists.  In RPG Terms they are like Paladins which are also very extreme.  And yeah shaming prostitution is pretty sad.

Edited by Darji

Sex is bad, mmmkay. It should give a shame debuff, which is there for the full duration of the game.

And if you are a paladin or priest you should get the debuff "not a virgin", which will, if you don't seek forgivness for your sins, turn you into a Blackguard.

Also, is this serious? First the rage over a "transphobic" joke, which seems to have died down the last couple of days, or have just been limited to twitter, and now people are upset about prostitutes in a medieval fantasy world?

As if the Goldpacts or the Bleak walkers are virgins :p

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . .

when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you

Omg how repressed can you be in your society? Dont even know where you live, and dont even want to know it!

You are impressed that the game gives you an advantage for sleeping with a prostitute, but you are not impressed that the game gives you an advantage for...

... murdering people.

Murdering people is bad, mmkay.

... sacrificing children.

Sacrificing children is bad, mmkay.

... stealing their belongings to the townfolk.

Stealing is bad, mmkay.

And I am sure the more I play the game, the longer the list would go.

But oh, it has sex on it, it must be repressed and I should get punished just by thinking about it.

In which society or even century do you even live on???!!

Yes. SJW's need to remove content that offends them for any reason they can imagine; which includes all content.

Besides, the game is fun anyways; so it needs to change to not be fun, as fun is sexist. 

Jeez, don't you see why this is all necessary? 

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Omg how repressed can you be in your society? Dont even know where you live, and dont even want to know it!

You are impressed that the game gives you an advantage for sleeping with a prostitute, but you are not impressed that the game gives you an advantage for...

... murdering people.

Murdering people is bad, mmkay.

... sacrificing children.

Sacrificing children is bad, mmkay.

... stealing their belongings to the townfolk.

Stealing is bad, mmkay.

And I am sure the more I play the game, the longer the list would go.

But oh, it has sex on it, it must be repressed and I should get punished just by thinking about it.

In which society or even century do you even live on???!!

Yeah the world is crazy. a bit offt opic but i just read an article in which a National Student union does not allow aplauding because it can trigger anxiety. Instead they are using jazzhands.....

It is a really sad world we live in....

As if the Goldpacts or the Bleak walkers are virgins :p

"Passionate" is one of the favored dispositions for the Darcozzi Paladini.

Somehow I don't think they need to pay for it much though.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Social Justice is fine. Social justice warriors are nothing else than Extremists.  In RPG Terms they are like Paladins which are also very extreme.  And yeah shaming prostitution is pretty sad.

I don't think the term "Social Justice Warrior" should be used for these people, because they don't really care abut social justice, and if they do they are a all a bunch of hypocrites. No, the term that should be used for them is bullies, because that's what they are. If people don't agree with them they form twitter mobs to harrass the person, they attempt character assassinations, and worst of all, death threats. How can a person that do things like that say with a straight face that they fight for "social justice"? They are no better than the "gamergaters", both sides are equaly disgusting.

Edited by Rance

This ALWAYS happens on every gaming  (and geek related) sites.  The sites gets brigaded by the hate mobs, what ever names you call them.  The offended, SJW's, The puritans, etc.   They just troll spam the forums with made up controversies and things to be "offended" about.  

I don't think the term "Social Justice Warrior" should be used for these people, because they don't really care abut social justice, and if they do they are a all a bunch of hypocrites. No, the term that should be used for them is bullies, because that's what they are. If people don't agree with them they form twitter mobs to harrass the person, they attempt character assassinations, and worst of all, death threats. How can a person that do things like that say with a straight face that they fight for "social justice"? They are no better than the "gamergaters", both sides are equaly disgusting.

Yeah they are like terrorists. But they truly believe they fight for justice which makes it even worse. Kind of like relgion fanatics. Personally I call them A... holes

Edited by Darji

You're talking about Gamergaters, right? 'Cuz that's standard procedure for them.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

You're talking about Gamergaters, right? 'Cuz that's standard procedure for them.

I'm talking about both sides, since both sides are equally disgusting.

No he is talking about the "other side" both have extremists which threaten People etc. But only one sided gets blamed for it.

they are a all a bunch of hypocrites.

Bingo.

They are no better than the "gamergaters", both sides are equaly disgusting.

Oh, I know how disgusting the "gamergaters" are. They get accused of doing things that third party trolls do, and for having ideas they don't have. How horrible of them to being blamed for things they don't do, and for holding the beliefs they don't hold.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

Sex is fun. Sex with a prostitute is not.

Sex not meant to produce offspring is meant to be done for fun. Not that I think that prostitutes get much fun out of some random dude/dudette but they do it for money anyway.

And you can't grasp the very simple idea that actively encouraging players to have sex with prostitutes in order to get resting boons might not be the brightest of social commentaries there is.

Are you implying that people are such idiots that they will try to get "bonuses" in real life by imitating the use of prostitutes in a videogame? Should we be shaming Obsidian for including killing in the game too? Just saying...
  • Like 1

It's a game, virtual prostitution is not real, like all of the virtual killing we indulge in. If you object to it in game, don't do it, the choice is yours.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Bingo.

Oh, I know how disgusting the "gamergaters" are. They get accused of doing things that third party trolls do, and for having ideas they don't have. How horrible of them to being blamed for things they don't do, and for holding the beliefs they don't hold.

You can not say that. Again both sides have moderate people but also both sides have really dangerous ones who threaten People etc,. Sadly only one side was shamed by the public and that is why it went so out of Hand.

• Like 1

Bingo.

"it's about ethics in gamez jurnaliz" right? Please, these rotten eggs in gamergate are still part of gamergate. That's not to say there's not good people in both camps, but their voices can't be heard because of all the screaming trolls. Anyways, this is hardly the thread to discuss things like gamergate, and I'm sorry for bringing them up in the first place.

Edited by Rance

+1 about the objection to extremism. And yes, there have been examples of it from both sides of the fence.

If you tabulated it though, I'm pret-t-t-ty certain the GG side has the achievement for Most Lives Ruined (or at least Seriously Negatively Impacted). Haven't seen a pro-feminist video game where you get to punch Thunderf00t in the face yet.

+1 about the objection to extremism. And yes, there have been examples of it from both sides of the fence.

If you tabulated it though, I'm pret-t-t-ty certain the GG side has the achievement for Most Lives Ruined (or at least Seriously Negatively Impacted). Haven't seen a pro-feminist video game where you get to punch Thunderf00t in the face yet.

Just one example becasue it otherwise will go way off Topic. There is a certain figure which made a game about depression which attacked an insulted a whole suicide Forum because they did not like her game.

Also do you even know how many celebrity beating games the Internet has? I give you a tip a ton of. Women, men, black white everything and everyone gets beaten up.

Edited by Darji

No he is talking about the "other side" both have extremists which threaten People etc. But only one sided gets blamed for it.

If you think that only the "extremist" SJW's are harassing and doxxing people then you'd be mistaken. Movie blob himself has said that there are no bad tactics; only bad targets. He's has a large SJW following to; he's not some nobody.

Doxxing and harassing people is perfectly okay to many (if not most) SJW's if the target is anti-SJW. 

The harassment supposedly from GG has been from third party trolls who troll everyone for no reason other than to be jerks. SJW's just assume it's GG for no reason.

So in a game that we can kill people, sacrifice people, damn people souls, steal people stuff,etc. The thing that pisses most people off is anything to do with sex, gender and sexual orientation.

Why is that recently that in a lot of RPGs people are always complaining about the same stuff over and over again. Cant we just leave these issues in real life and just enjoy the fictional world of the game without bringing those issues to the game.

Like it or not prostitution is in the game and last i checked the game has a mature rating so if you get pissed off because you can sleep with one and get resting bonus for doing it you can either ignore it or go play Pillars of Eternity: Social Correctness Edition or something

• Like 1