Resting bonus for having sex with a prostitute

Okay, let's repeat this one more time:" This is a game." You can kill people, destroy people's souls, and it seems you can sleep with prostitutes aswell. But it's okay, because it's fiction, and it doesn't apply to the real world. Your morality lesson is misplaced here. 

Edited by TheisEjsing
  • Like 7

You spelt 'fun' wrong.

Sex is fun. Sex with a prostitute is not. 

F.F.S.

Grow up.

I did grow up. It seems you did not.

Okay, let's repeat this one more time:" This is a game." You can kill people, destroy people's souls, and it seems you can sleep with prostitutes aswell. But it's okay, because it's fiction, and it doesn't apply to the real world. Your morality lesson is misplaced here. 

Yes, this is a game. A game that supposedly would "take on mature subjects and delve into them". Instead it's just a VERY generic RPG that feels auto-generated. 

If you're going to take on, for example the subject of prostution, at least do something MORE with it. Dive into the situation of being an exploiter, portray the story of the prostitute, the degenerate and the law of the land .. 

It's very empty in this regard.

Throw your coppers at this if you want, I on the other hand rather pay for a deeper experience next time. Alas, the illusion of the "good brothel" lives on. 

• Like 1

Blood and honor

This should have a spoiler tag. One of the most hilarious things in the game!

• Like 2

Derpdragon of the Obsidian Order

Derpdragons everywhere. I like spears.

No sleep for the Watcher... because he was busy playing Pillars of Eternity instead.

You don't have to explore every topic you come across. It's pretty simple actually. If OE wanted to explore prostitution, human trafficing or any other topic, they would have. But it's not really what this game is about. Does that mean, that they should exclude prostitutes from a big renaissance city? No it does not. 
And your lack of faith in your fellow man is insulting. No illusion of a "good borthel" is being conveyed. *Spoilers* There is even a task, where you hear about a prostitute and her choices. Mature subjects are not restricted to your choice of subjects. Show some perspective. 

Edited by TheisEjsing
  • Like 5

Stop discriminating against sex workers?

Prostitution is often tied with crime and slavery IRL, but that's due to poverty and social institutions that make it difficult or impossible for sex workers to control their own lives. This doesn't seem to be the case at the Salty Mast (which is the best of all possible brothel names, btw), and brothels clearly aren't illegal in Defiance Bay, so I don't see the problem.

Expecting PoE to deliver some extremely nuanced commentary on the subject is unrealistic at best. Personally, I am content to see a presentation in which sex workers are professionals who are in control of their own destinies.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Also you can sacrifice a little girl to gain power. 

but hey lets focus on some random sex event.

It's not random, it's part of a quest.

It's not the *sex event*, it's the resting boon for having sex with prostitutes. If you play this game on harder difficulties, you'll be very interested in getting these boons. It's just stupid that to get bonuses I have to have sex with prostitues that have sex on a frequent basis with a whole bunch of other people as well. 

Do you people not see the problem with the resting boon? Sure defend the game all you want, but I'm focusing on this resting boon.

You don't have to explore every topic you come across. It's pretty simple actually. If OE wanted to explore prostitution, human trafficing or any other topic, they would have. But it's not really what this game is about. Does that mean, that they should exclude prostitutes from a big renaissance city? No it does not. 

And your lack of faith in your fellow man is insulting. No illusion of a "good borthel" is being conveyed. *Spoilers* There is even a task, where you hear about a prostitute and her choices. Mature subjects are not restricted to your choice of subjects. Show some perspective. 

I repeat what I said above. Why the resting boon? That actively promotes having sex with prostitutes. 

Stop discriminating against sex workers?

Prostitution is often tied with crime and slavery IRL, but that's due to poverty and social institutions that make it difficult or impossible for sex workers to control their own lives. This doesn't seem to be the case at the Salty Mast (which is the best of all possible brothel names, btw), and brothels clearly aren't illegal in Defiance Bay, so I don't see the problem.

Expecting PoE to deliver some extremely nuanced commentary on the subject is unrealistic at best. Personally, I am content to see a presentation in which sex workers are professionals who are in control of their own destinies.

Wow. You do not know it, but you are very wrong.

Germany has since 2002 legalized brothers, and the *workers* there are as you say, in control of their own lives - to the extent that they can chose between poverty in former Soviet Bloc countries or relative poverty, but then they have to let **** into them on a regular basis. 

Anyway there is an article about this very thing in the OP, go check it.

Edited by insidious89

Blood and honor

Well, I'm not gonna waste more time on you if you can't distinguish between fiction and reality.

And you can't grasp the very simple idea that actively encouraging players to have sex with prostitutes in order to get resting boons might not be the brightest of social commentaries there is.

Blood and honor

Well, I'm not gonna waste more time on you if you can't distinguish between fiction and reality.

And you can't grasp the very simple idea that actively encouraging players to have sex with prostitutes in order to get resting boons might not be the brightest of social commentaries there is.

It's not social commentary, that's the point! It's a part of a fictional world narrative. If you worry about social commentary, how about that you get can get adored by entire cities for killing people? I don't understand why you want to make a problem where none is. There is a problem with prostitution in the real world, how about you focus your energy there, instead of on something like this?

It's not social commentary, that's the point! It's a part of a fictional world narrative. If you worry about social commentary, how about that you get can get adored by entire cities for killing people? I don't understand why you want to make a problem where none is. There is a problem with prostitution in the real world, how about you focus your energy there, instead of on something like this?

Stop dodging the frikking resting boon man. It's meta social commentary.

The resting boon is a game mechanic, not part of the narrative. Bitch plz.

well I would have never gone to a prostitute in real life because I don't think I'd like to do it with a woman I'd never met for cash, but now I will definitely consider it just to get that sweet athletics bonus for my friday  football games

Thanks for the laugh.

Edited by insidious89

Blood and honor

I'm not dodging it? I'm just seeing it for what it is. Part of a video game. It's not a problem. And please avoid internet lingo in the future, if you want to be taken seriously.

Edited by TheisEjsing