[Bug] Crippling Strike Ability stuck as already activated

Astorax

Question

Hey guys, I normally initiate any combat with my Rogue (Myrrah) by sneak attacking with a warbow/xbow using either Blinding Strike or Crippling Strike. I typically save right before this in case something goes horribly, horribly wrong. This time I remembered at the last instant to save and ended up saving after I had already clicked Crippling Strike and selected a target. I ended up reloading that save and now her Crippling Strike ability is permanent stuck as "Already Activated".

I've tried to fix the problem myself but going to the Stronghold and switching her out with another character then switching her back in but Crippling Strike is still stuck. I switched her out with another character and traveled to Gilded Vale, went to the Tavern and switched her back in - still stuck. I'm not sure what else I can try to get it unstuck. It seems its written to a file or something and I can't change it now.

Any chance of a quick fix?  :D

Heres a Dropbox link to the saved game, dxdiag, and output text.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n0tses5h2ghj0bs/Astorax%20savegame%20%2Bdxdiag%2Boutput.rar?dl=0

3 answers to this question

Hey everybody, thank you for your feedback. The team is aware of this issue. We have a hunch that using an ability as a cutscene starts or as the game saves may cause it to remain in the activated state, but we are unsure if there are other ways this issue may arise. If anybody has any other ideas or 100% reproducible steps, it could help us pin-point the issue and find a solution. Thank you!

Does not seem to be limited to 'crippling strike', I noticed that my 'Into the Fray' is doing the same thing :-(  Fwiw I don't remember trying to quicksave after I had engaged it... usually I don't use the ability until after the fight has been started anyway.